Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Civic suspension setup

Old 02-25-2004, 05:42 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
96blkcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Civic suspension setup

Any help would be much needed and appreciated. I am going to lower my car with coilovers(skunk2 i already have) and put some new struts on(kyb? not sure yet). I also am trying to find some gsr's to put on it but that's another story. Anyway, since Im doing all of this is it strongly recommended to out a camber kit on? Especially if I am going to be getting either new or close to new tires? Also, a suggestion on type of struts would be appreciated, I dont really know alot about that. Nothing is on the car yet. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-25-2004, 07:28 AM
squeegee my fiji

†Specter† †Specter† †Specter†
Default Re: Civic suspension setup

Originally Posted by 96blkcoupe
Any help would be much needed and appreciated. I am going to lower my car with coilovers(skunk2 i already have) and put some new struts on(kyb? not sure yet). I also am trying to find some gsr's to put on it but that's another story. Anyway, since Im doing all of this is it strongly recommended to out a camber kit on? Especially if I am going to be getting either new or close to new tires? Also, a suggestion on type of struts would be appreciated, I dont really know alot about that. Nothing is on the car yet. Thanks in advance.

anything lower than 1.5" you should get a camber adjustment kit. also, as im sure you know, get it alligned after you drop your ride.
Old 02-25-2004, 10:29 AM
I <3 BOOST

Iceman05 is an unknown quantity at this point

get some tokico blues or KYB AGX adjustables if you wanna spend a lil more
Old 02-25-2004, 11:54 AM
Registered Member

yes, alignment was implied, thanks though, i guess ill look into those two types of shocks. thanks alot
Old 02-25-2004, 09:08 PM

Bodyboarder20 is an unknown quantity at this point

I jsu trecently did somethin cheaper then a camber kit, guiy charged me 160 to align the car, adn he adjusted the camber the old fashioned way.. he bent the spindle/knuckle... worked perfectly, i stayed back there to watch to see he wasnt just takin money out of my pocket... they use allt eh old equipment fo the alignment adn stuff but the shop only does alignments and has been aroudn for 20+ years.... if u jsut need an alignment its $50.. the guys there really kwno what the hell theyre talkin about... Place is caled Berts Alignment in Va Beach..... i dont knwo the number off hand, i think its 499-2323, cant rememebr exactly tho... askt to talk to chris... he doe smost of the work on the cars that come in...
Old 02-26-2004, 04:51 AM
Registered Member

thanks, but what if you need to adjust the height for whatever reason?? then you have camber again, i would assume??
Old 02-26-2004, 02:39 PM
FredVegas

B16ASilverHonda has a spectacular aura aboutB16ASilverHonda has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Bodyboarder20
I jsu trecently did somethin cheaper then a camber kit, guiy charged me 160 to align the car, adn he adjusted the camber the old fashioned way.. he bent the spindle/knuckle... worked perfectly, i stayed back there to watch to see he wasnt just takin money out of my pocket... they use allt eh old equipment fo the alignment adn stuff but the shop only does alignments and has been aroudn for 20+ years.... if u jsut need an alignment its $50.. the guys there really kwno what the hell theyre talkin about... Place is caled Berts Alignment in Va Beach..... i dont knwo the number off hand, i think its 499-2323, cant rememebr exactly tho... askt to talk to chris... he doe smost of the work on the cars that come in...

that is the most stupid way of aligning a car ever tell that dude you want your 160 bucks back so you can go buy a camber kit and not be cheap

But berts alignments is very good, our alignment machine in our shop isnt working right now and we send all of our cars over there and they do nice jobs, but bending a spindle/knunkle is a new one on me. I would think they would use shims or something along that line.
Old 02-26-2004, 03:40 PM
Registered Member

ya, i think im going to take mine to Custom Car Care, since it's right near my house, and I understand that they will do alignments with lowered cars, etc., bc a lot wont. i also talked to my buddy and am going to go with the kyb gr-2's. thanks alot for all of yall's help with this.