Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.
View Poll Results: Best High Compression Piston for B-Series Honda
JE/SRP
42.86%
CP
31.43%
Arias
5.71%
other
20.00%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Best High Compression Piston

Old 07-15-2004, 01:01 AM
Wii
Retired OG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii
Default Re: Best High Compression Piston

Originally Posted by Domestic2Import
Je/Srp pistons I use em in my d-series and they perfom well. Id seriously think twice about Skunk2 cams though, they snap, id go with CompCams or Crower
I done some research on SKunk2 Cams & they are one of the best Cams out there. They have better lift/duration than the Crower Cams. My buddy had Crower cams in his Prelude, he didnt really like it, he rather have Skunk2 Cams. THey make more power dyno proven.
Old 07-15-2004, 05:41 AM
sup

SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE

Je/Srp pistons I use em in my d-series and they perfom well. Id seriously think twice about Skunk2 cams though, they snap, id go with CompCams or Crower
like Scott said, dont go with the crower or comp cams. i have not had the advantage of personal experience, but i have done my fair share of research. the only bad things i have seen come from skunk2 would be that they wear out quick. well the majority of after market internals will. i believe average life expectancy is around 40K miles. so spend the money on highly r&d'ed parts that WILL produce the correct amount of power through the power band and will last longer than most.
Old 07-15-2004, 08:22 AM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 1badITR
Many regard CP as some of the finest pistons for the money right now. I run them in the R.

to bad the r rarely runs
Old 07-15-2004, 03:52 PM
Snapped Axles

Domestic2Import is an unknown quantity at this point

i must be getting bad info then, i wont even say where i got that. I was told from a shop ::cough:: AS, that the skunk2 cams suck and that they well never work with them again, they told me comp or crower cams are what they prefer. But, anyway if I got the wrong info im sorry. Im going to be trying out skunk2 products in my head, valves/valve springs,retainers,cam,cam gear and im pretty sure it'll be better than the crower cam and shit that i got now, cause i dont feel performance at all.
Old 07-15-2004, 03:53 PM
Snapped Axles

But, i do know JE/SRP are quality cause I have them in my block and i am more than happy with what i get.
Old 07-15-2004, 06:35 PM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

i must be getting bad info then, i wont even say where i got that. I was told from a shop ::cough:: AS, that the skunk2 cams suck and that they well never work with them again, they told me comp or crower cams are what they prefer. But, anyway if I got the wrong info im sorry. Im going to be trying out skunk2 products in my head, valves/valve springs,retainers,cam,cam gear and im pretty sure it'll be better than the crower cam and shit that i got now, cause i dont feel performance at all.
If you don't feel performance at all, why did you recommend those cams?
Old 07-15-2004, 07:16 PM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Im going to be trying out skunk2 products in my head, valves/valve springs,retainers,cam,cam gear and im pretty sure it'll be better than the crower cam and shit that i got now, cause i dont feel performance at all.
I can tell you this about Crower valve springs, I ran them for about 4,000 miles and they lost almost all of their seat pressure. They are garbage. Now the Eibach line that Crower sells are quality. Very nice valvetrain if you ask me. Even after the engine was over revved insanely the seat pressure was still the same psi when tested new.
Old 07-17-2004, 08:06 PM
Snapped Axles

oh I never mentioned, I probly dont feel the performance that I should cause Im still using Dual Point and not Multi-point intake, Im waiting on my Si haness from Ebay now...LOL so I might tell the differnce if any when I swap over finally to MPFI.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:11 PM

sir92hatch has disabled reputation

JE