Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Battery light

Old 09-10-2007, 04:22 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the rough
Default Battery light

Im driving to walmart this morning and realize that my battery light and oil light were both on. Once i stop at walmart i pop the hood and check the oil. I notice im a little low, so i top it off. (never hurts to have a gallon of oil in your trunk) I start my car and its staying on, but only under like 1500 rpms. Any other time it stays off. The only thing i can assume is that its the altenator correct?

99 Honda civic with a 95 Ls swap
Old 09-10-2007, 05:47 AM
Not Yet

HP Solutions is infamous around these partsHP Solutions is infamous around these partsHP Solutions is infamous around these partsHP Solutions is infamous around these partsHP Solutions is infamous around these partsHP Solutions is infamous around these partsHP Solutions is infamous around these partsHP Solutions is infamous around these partsHP Solutions is infamous around these partsHP Solutions is infamous around these partsHP Solutions is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Battery light

Originally Posted by cleanEK
Im driving to walmart this morning and realize that my battery light and oil light were both on. Once i stop at walmart i pop the hood and check the oil. I notice im a little low, so i top it off. (never hurts to have a gallon of oil in your trunk) I start my car and its staying on, but only under like 1500 rpms. Any other time it stays off. The only thing i can assume is that its the altenator correct?

if the oil light i staying on below 1500 you are having some pressure issues. Bring it by the shop and i can put a gauge on it.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Banned

tuner21 has disabled reputation

yea
Old 09-10-2007, 10:21 AM
Registered Member

tundrafiend01 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by cleanEK

Sounds about right. You can run it by Advance and they'll test the battery and alternator for free.