Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

axle nut removal

Old 02-08-2004, 06:11 PM
Awesome.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E
Default Re: axle nut removal

Originally Posted by 2gen91teg
yepp
I'm out of ideas. Try Ricky's suggestion.

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
i sure hope so, although i dont think that little indention will stop the impact from taking it off....but maybe........
Ya never know, ya know?
Old 02-08-2004, 06:15 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

spray it w/ PB blaster a lot over the course of a day and go crazy on it the next day. i would only go at it w/ 1/2" drives if it seems to be really stuck. there really isnt anything hard to it man.....just put a long pole on a strong breaker bar or extension and you'll break it free...
Old 02-08-2004, 06:19 PM
- DA9 -

2gen91teg has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by sk8rmike
spray it w/ PB blaster a lot over the course of a day and go crazy on it the next day. i would only go at it w/ 1/2" drives if it seems to be really stuck. there really isnt anything hard to it man.....just put a long pole on a strong breaker bar or extension and you'll break it free...
have already done that and broken 2 breaker bars, but i think ill try MORE IMPATIENT's way if this new gun wont bust the thing off...thx!
Old 02-09-2004, 11:12 AM
hybrid no more :(

Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert

if you are planning on changing out the axles you can cut into the axle and nut...if you have a drill or dremmel tool, just cut the top of the spindle nut between the axle and nut...it will mess up the threads on the axle so don't plan on using the axle again...(you can always re die the axle but that's another story)....basically what you are trying to do is to take the "seal" off between the axle and the spindle nut....once you went all the way through the axle you can then put a breaker bar on it and should take no effort...i've done this about 2 times and i use this method as my last straw...HTH
Old 02-09-2004, 12:50 PM
the"V8nightmare"

blkmjk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HybridBert
if you are planning on changing out the axles you can cut into the axle and nut...if you have a drill or dremmel tool, just cut the top of the spindle nut between the axle and nut...it will mess up the threads on the axle so don't plan on using the axle again...(you can always re die the axle but that's another story)....basically what you are trying to do is to take the "seal" off between the axle and the spindle nut....once you went all the way through the axle you can then put a breaker bar on it and should take no effort...i've done this about 2 times and i use this method as my last straw...HTH
get a one inch drive ratchet set and a big pole mine were a bitch to thats what i had to do. works fine.