Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Any Galant Axle Removal Secrets??? Damn thing won't budge

Old 08-21-2004, 05:03 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam
Default Any Galant Axle Removal Secrets??? Damn thing won't budge

Give you a little background on the car. Working on it for a friend. He was on his way to Houston and apparently hit something and bent his lower control arm (pass side). He finished his drive to Houston and drove it back. When I took it apart the axle just fell out as soon as I pulled it from the hub, but the rear of the axle is still lodged in the tranny, and I can't get the damn thing to budge. Is there any secret to these Galant axles? I know I'm not an idiot, I do this shit to Honda's every day but this thing is driving me nuts. Any ideas? Here are some pics

This is what is left to be removed

Here is what was left of the poor axle
Old 08-21-2004, 05:08 AM
Registered Member

"SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam
Default Re: Any Galant Axle Removal Secrets??? Damn thing won't budge

I was thinkin about drillin a hole and runnin a bolt through it, but I think I'm gonna go to the parts store first and see what I can find. Got to wait for them to open though. Any little secrets or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I need to finish this thing
Old 08-21-2004, 05:51 AM
Justa lil 6

Dang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the rough

maybe put a ball-joint seperater up there between the axle and the tranny and hit that shit, thats what i do lol
Old 08-21-2004, 06:58 AM
Registered Member

Been there and tried that a long time ago. I got it off. Loan a tool at autozone is the greatest thing ever invented. I got a big ass 5 ton puller and yanked that bitch. One more part and I'm done. Thank god. I had to buy so many tools for this damn thing. damn 22mm nuts
Old 08-21-2004, 02:33 PM
Old School Beast

PoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these parts

is there a pin on those axles that hold it in ??? no sure , dont know anything about those cars.