Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Alignment question that i'm having trouble visualizing

Old 03-15-2006, 08:01 PM
Sumospeed #O.G.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SlowLS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Alignment question that i'm having trouble visualizing

Originally Posted by Slimsta Jimsta
no, he's talking about the toe settings.. the wheels would vere off to the outsides, it happened when i first slammed my car and corrected the camber kit not knowing it would affect the toe settings.

anyways, i ended up not swapping out the suspension today because well.. i suck at life and it wasn't working out right, until next wed. though
I guess you are right. I mean I don't do alignments or anything like that. Oh wait I did do one today. What he depicted in his little diagram thing was camber not toe. Toe does not really change your contact patch. Just the direction your wheels are facing. Camber is contact patch. But yes you can safely drive your car to get it aligned. Any more driving than that will kill your tires.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:20 PM
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta

(fucking a, i didn't read his post hardly at all, basically skipped that second line completely, whoops)

but if your wheels are going in opposite directions, then they will be pulling away from each other, which will fuck up the traction your car receives.. i've had to drive to get an alignment shop before when the toe was out on each tire, and it lost control fairly easy

and the diagram would shoe a top view of the tires.. so it would be the tires pointing outwards, just gotta think a little bit differently about it \\ //

edit: and yes, now this post is me talking as if he had been talking about toe, damnit i feel retarded haha
Old 03-16-2006, 06:42 AM
I <3 BOOST

Iceman05 is an unknown quantity at this point

yo jimmy, let me know where you get ur alignment done, how much it costs, and if they do a good job... i need one soon.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:34 PM
"OG" TUNER"86-06

doughboy415 doughboy415 doughboy415 doughboy415 doughboy415 doughboy415

the best place for alignments is BURTS ALIGNMENTS in Va Beach, hondas are their specialty.