Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

99 GSX AVC-R plumbing and tuning. help!

Old 04-14-2006, 08:19 PM
05 Kawi ZX6R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ricer Rob has disabled reputation
Default 99 GSX AVC-R plumbing and tuning. help!

I just bought a 99 gsx and (attempted to) install an Apex'i AVC-R electronic boost controller in it. I know i have the wiring right, all the guages etc.. seem to be working. But on the plumbing for the actuator i'm a little lost. I attempted it but I'm not positive that I did it right and my problem may be just in the tuning of it. So is there anyone out there that has installed one of these on a dsm before that could check my work and help me out with the tuning of it a little? Any help would be much appreciated.

Right now I have the vacume hose from the wastegate going into the [COM] Nipple on the actuator and a vacume hose going from the [NO] Nipple on the actuator to a nipple on the compressor housing on the turbo.

Last edited by Ricer Rob; 04-16-2006 at 08:34 AM.
Old 04-15-2006, 05:15 AM
Registered Member

Ross is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 99 GSX AVC-R plumbing and tuning. help!

Explain how you plummed your solinoid so that we can verify if you did it the correct way.
Old 04-15-2006, 10:29 AM
05 Kawi ZX6R

Bump for explaining how I have the solinoid connected.
Old 04-15-2006, 10:54 AM
Registered Member

Ross is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like the solinoid is hooked up properly. Did you remove the vaccume cap off the other port on the solinoid? If not do that, then if you are still having troubles it is most likley a tuning issue. If you need any more help PM me
Old 04-16-2006, 08:26 AM
05 Kawi ZX6R

Ya. I took the vacume cap off of the other port, I just have a nipple screwed into it with no hose. According to the diagram I think it is hooked up right. I just keep getting semi large boost readings, I'm running the stock turbo still but I think the highest reading I got with the avc-r hooked up was like 1.56 bar. I'm almost positive I have the pressure sensor hooked up right. I just t'd it off of a vaume line on the intake manny, and yes it is facing downward. I'm going to check all of my vacume lines and make sure I don't have any leaks... But I am thinking its more of a tuning thing.. I'll probably pm you later on for some help with that..

Also, when I adjust the boost and duty cycle it doesn't really seem to change the actual boost much, the peak boost is usually from 1.25 bar - 1.56 bar, regardless of what I set the boost for. The only thing that actually seems to make a noticable difference is when I adjust the duty cycle, it seems like it just changes how quickly the turbo spools.

Last edited by Ricer Rob; 04-16-2006 at 08:43 AM.