Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

74 Nova twin turbo.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:02 PM
Racetracks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: 74 Nova twin turbo.

Ok, time for some cleanup. I'm not going to move an otherwise useful thread into SPO.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 03-14-2009 at 12:12 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 02:30 AM
tits anyone?

I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)

I bought an ebay turbo kit one time.....did the whole "hold the shaft starting the motor", did all the proper break in procedures for the motor and the turbo, and after about 15 miles of driving, I started blowing smoke like crazy and oil shooting outta my blow off valve, the turbo was fu**ed. the shaft play was horrible, so I say dont risk it on that motor, spray it and run 10 inch slicks, and as far as ebay turbos go, they suck, but its kinda hit or miss on what your gonna get and how long it will last.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:18 AM
Registered Member

audiophile24 has disabled reputation

i had a vecco.net kit on one of my cars it made decent power stock d15b boosted 245whp...
Old 03-20-2009, 08:25 AM
Body In Trunk.

RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute

Richard, you ok there fella?
Old 03-20-2009, 10:47 AM
Eh

NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay

Originally Posted by 95egd16
I bought an ebay turbo kit one time.....did the whole "hold the shaft starting the motor", did all the proper break in procedures for the motor and the turbo, and after about 15 miles of driving, I started blowing smoke like crazy and oil shooting outta my blow off valve, the turbo was fu**ed. the shaft play was horrible, so I say dont risk it on that motor, spray it and run 10 inch slicks, and as far as ebay turbos go, they suck, but its kinda hit or miss on what your gonna get and how long it will last.
did you have the proper size oil feed and return lines? maybe that turbo required a restrictor and you didnt know. Ive known a few people that have ran ebay turbos, some last a long time some dont.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:55 AM
tits anyone?

I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)

Originally Posted by CustomX
did you have the proper size oil feed and return lines? maybe that turbo required a restrictor and you didnt know. Ive known a few people that have ran ebay turbos, some last a long time some dont.
yeah I did have the proper oil lines, When I got the oil feed line kit, the plate that bolts to the turbo and the feed had such a small hole. So I took it to a shop just for some insite and thats exactly what they said, the turbo needed a restrictor. After the turbo failed I let a bunch of people take a look at it hoping maybe I didnt something wrong, but it was the turbo, just a peice of junk. Like I said, ebay turbos are hit or miss....
Old 03-20-2009, 11:42 AM
Registered Member

crznx2000 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by RCR Roscoe
Richard, you ok there fella?
im just great. i just dont understand why this is STILL a discusion topic when there are SO MANY reported failures. people want a cheap solution to a expensive project. i mean, hey, if you want to risk it, go for it. id rather spend a few extra bones making sure something that shares the oil with my MOTOR is a quality piece. and seeing as its been pointed out that im on an "arbys" budget, when i spend money, it damn well better be on something that will last. There IS a reason my piece of shit cars always run. they look like crap, but they work. by the way, the accords doing great.