Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

5.0 help. Bad ignition??

Old 01-14-2009, 01:10 PM
PieceOfShitRedneck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco BrokenBronco
Default 5.0 help. Bad ignition??

I performed a basic tuneup on my 89 GT the other day, just oil, air filter, new plugs and wires. I didn't change the cap or rotor. The car still starts and idles fine, but the problem occurs when I put it in gear and release the clutch. She dies immediately. It's not me stalling, she just goes dead and then fires back up when I disengage the clutch. It did it all the way around the block, and when I got back to my house she stopped doin it and drove normally.

The other day I was out tooling around town, driving normally, and all of a sudden it happened again pulling out of a parking lot. I have no idea what would cause that to happen so intermittently and also be so perfectly timed with the engagement of the clutch. The car is stock except for a mild cam and bbk cold air intake. Any help?