Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

4G63 question

Old 10-19-2005, 09:04 AM
HHIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite
Default 4G63 question

Asking for a buddy of mine. We're trying to figure out what's up with his car. It's been a project car for him for a couple years now. It's on a smallish turbo but it's heavily modified aside from that. Engine is built, headwork, cammed, Wolf ECU, etc etc. He got it running a few weeks ago but has been taking it easy during engine break-in for a couple hundred miles. It ran a little lean under bost but not too bad. He took it in for a paint job a couple days ago and when he picked it up it ran like shit. It idles fine and builds revs like normal but as soon as there is 0 vacuum to maybe a pound or two of boost, it falls on it's face. It feels like it's hitting fuel cut. He drove it up there and it ran fine, they put less than a mile on the car while it was there and the ECU hasn't been tampered with. We ran a compression check and that checked out fine, no leak down, nothing. Everything seems normal. My only thought right now is the plugs or coil pack. Any other ideas?
Old 10-19-2005, 09:09 AM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts
Default Re: 4G63 question

sounds like a pinhole in the IC piping?
Old 10-19-2005, 07:10 PM
Registered Member

sethmo sethmo sethmo sethmo sethmo sethmo sethmo sethmo sethmo sethmo sethmo
Default Re: 4G63 question

Did you do a boost leak test? Make sure the MAS is plugged in? My guess is you have a nice size boost leak somewhere. Also check and make sure that the wastegate did not come disconnected(I assume your running the stock internal).