Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

350whp N/A k20?

Old 12-10-2007, 08:21 AM
Team Ultraspeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yell88CRXsi has disabled reputation
Default Re: 350whp N/A k20?

Originally Posted by EH3_SOHC
i had 312 on a b16 with bolt ons.... and 12lbs and a decent tune.
I don't think that 12lbs constitutes "N/A" but nice none the less.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:27 AM
Team Ultraspeed

Ultracoupe has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Yell88CRXsi
...and it definitely wont run worth a shit as a daily driver.

Have you ever driven in a K swapped civic? I'm sure if you had, you'ld be happy with a mostly stock swap.
i rode in one last night and i was impressed he hit 289 with nitrous so i would be fine with that and all motor he made 220
Old 12-10-2007, 01:14 PM
Don't quit!

Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia
Re: 350whp N/A k20?

First, if you didn't even know you could run 13's or 12's wih a stock K motor you need to do more research.
2nd, If you have a gsr in your hatch already you can make more power with the same amount of cash its going to take for that k swap alone. Thought about the H series?
I have a gsr in my hatch, its fun, quick, but im going to build it for the track and street (as a daily driver not street racer) so i will be happy with about mid 200's. I am looking for a broad powerband, so a supercharger is in the back of my mind .

If money is no problem for you then id say that you can come close to your goal but im am not certain.
My advice is do plenty of research and plan your project out very tediously. Do not take any short cuts and use quality parts. If your quest is big hp #'s you want it to be stout and reliable. Tuning is a big factor in any build and dyno tuning is a must with big compression engines with big hp #'s.
Best of luck keep us updated.

Last edited by Somalia; 12-10-2007 at 03:08 PM. Reason: ?
Old 12-10-2007, 02:25 PM
Team Ultraspeed

Originally Posted by somalia4age
If you have a gsr in your hatch already you can make more power with the same amount of cash its going to take for that k swap alone.
I've said this SOoooooo many times it hurts. I know that the "K" is the new thing on the block and I could go on and on with the greatness of the "K" but I guess that bandwagon has leather recliners because people are so damn quick to jump on!
Old 12-11-2007, 03:37 PM
Don't quit!

Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia

Yea...everyone is telling me to get a K swap....Fuck it prices are dropping for B and H series shit....im going with the H swap!
Less money for swap = more money for other parts!
Old 12-12-2007, 10:49 AM
Registered Member

bbsIx bbsIx bbsIx bbsIx

I've said this SOoooooo many times it hurts. I know that the "K" is the new thing on the block and I could go on and on with the greatness of the "K" but I guess that bandwagon has leather recliners because people are so damn quick to jump on!
what are you talking about?

Yea...everyone is telling me to get a K swap....Fuck it prices are dropping for B and H series shit....im going with the H swap!
h series ftw.
unless you have like assloads of money.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Team Ultraspeed

Originally Posted by bbsIx
what are you talking about?
...and during the few minutes that we have left, we wanna talk right down to earth in a language that everybody here can easily understand.

It will cost about 8k+ to do an average STOCK K swap in any pre 2000 Honda for about 220whp. Yes it will be nice, yes it there will be room to grow and Yes it will go hella fast.

Basicly what I'm saying is that right now...dollar for dollar, the K swap is NOT the swap of choice for trying to make power within a budget. Now in a few years...or if you (your daddy) has DEEP pockets then yes go for it.
But right now the standard K swap is more of a "O look at me" thing than a "Hey, I got 8K...let's make some power" thing.

Need I say more?

Last edited by Yell88CRXsi; 12-12-2007 at 06:07 PM.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:00 AM
Registered Member

bbsIx bbsIx bbsIx bbsIx

...and during the few minutes that we have left, we wanna talk right down to earth in a language that everybody here can easily understand.

It will cost about 8k+ to do an average STOCK K swap in any pre 2000 Honda for about 220whp. Yes it will be nice, yes it there will be room to grow and Yes it will go hella fast.

Basicly what I'm saying is that right now...dollar for dollar, the K swap is NOT the swap of choice for trying to make power within a budget. Now in a few years...or if you (your daddy) has DEEP pockets then yes go for it.
But right now the standard K swap is more of a "O look at me" thing than a "Hey, I got 8K...let's make some power" thing.

Need I say more?

the way you phrased your first post it made it seem that you were against people swapping anything other then a K.

H series ftw though.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:28 AM
Don't quit!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TRA7GZXIJLU

http://youtube.com/watch?v=D-GGSf2iv2I

Last edited by Somalia; 12-13-2007 at 08:36 AM.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:35 AM
conquer

PiGPEN has much to be proud ofPiGPEN has much to be proud ofPiGPEN has much to be proud ofPiGPEN has much to be proud ofPiGPEN has much to be proud ofPiGPEN has much to be proud ofPiGPEN has much to be proud ofPiGPEN has much to be proud ofPiGPEN has much to be proud ofPiGPEN has much to be proud ofPiGPEN has much to be proud of

And 340+whp is possible on a normally aspirated H-series.