Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

240sx slipping clutch

Old 07-01-2006, 11:22 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
arsonistt has disabled reputation
Default 240sx slipping clutch

i have a stock 240sx, mikey c's old car. clutch was slipping so colexcore and i replaced the clutch (f1 racing stage 3 clutch and fidanza flywheel) and got master and slave cilinder replaced at a shop. picked up my car after getting the slave clinder replaced and they said my clutch was still slipping. also said my transmission was leaking fluid from a gasket dont know if that would cuase the clutch to slip. they also said my shaft carrier bearing ? was improperly secured/wrong bolts. and speed sensor was cracked. could any of this be the cause

anyone help ?
Old 07-02-2006, 03:15 PM
Lost Cat Magnet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drifterJERRY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 240sx slipping clutch

quite possible that if the input shaft seal on the tranny or your rear main seal fromt he engine was leaking that would get on the clutch disc surface and cause slippage. kinda odd that a relatively new clutch is slipping already... could be a TOB or a clutch pedal freeplay problem too.

the main shaft bearing could be the suspect of all the problems (speed sensor cracked is no biggie, unless you are loosing fluid...this could cause transmission failure). the fatigue of constant clutch dropping/aggressive driving/sliding will destroy the mainshaft bearings pretty quickly in the S chassis. this, in turn, will 'wollow' out the input shaft seal on the tranny and possibly throw gear oil on the clutch friction surface. if you are hearing a whining while the tranny is in nuetral and the clutch is engaged (no foot on pedal), then the whinning dissapears when the clutch pedal is pressed...this is a telltale sign.

i have done this to 2 s13 trannys from aggressive sliding over the years.