Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

240 guys!

Old 11-27-2002, 02:07 PM
Virginia Beach 757

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
_crs has disabled reputation
Default 240 guys!

Im having a small problem with my HUD..it comes on the cuts off..this is a common problem in 240s this yr. Has anyone else expierenced this problem..my options are replace the speed sensor or the whole unit. If I have to replace the unit..does anyone have one local. I've traced the whole system back every relay and fuse is good.hmmmmmmmm..all help is appreciated.
crs_autosolution
Old 11-27-2002, 02:12 PM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

i've never had to trouble shoot the HUD.....does the one in the dash work? if not then its the speed sensor
Old 11-27-2002, 05:01 PM
Virginia Beach 757

dash is off..i'll chk. spd sensor tommorow..I knew it was one of the 2..thanks
Old 11-29-2002, 03:53 AM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

s13 dude...looking for a brake upgrade? My 300ZX rotors/calipers bolt on to the 240's.
Old 11-29-2002, 08:00 AM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

What year do you have Eric? I might take those off your hands
Old 11-29-2002, 08:57 AM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

They're from a 91 twin turbo. The rotors need to be turned, so I'll sell you everything (front rotors, calipers, lines) for $250. This is a really popular conversion. The rotors and calipers usually go for $550-600 used. It is recommended to use SS lines from PDR Racing because the 240 brake lines don't mate properly to the 300ZX calipers. I'll throw in the stock Z brake lines if you want them. Let me know if you're interested.
Old 11-29-2002, 11:12 AM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Skywalker
They're from a 91 twin turbo. The rotors need to be turned, so I'll sell you everything (front rotors, calipers, lines) for $250. This is a really popular conversion. The rotors and calipers usually go for $550-600 used. It is recommended to use SS lines from PDR Racing because the 240 brake lines don't mate properly to the 300ZX calipers. I'll throw in the stock Z brake lines if you want them. Let me know if you're interested.
you're crazy! i got my calipers for 50$ each from www.car-part.com

the Brembo slotted/drilled rotors for $150 from heavythrottle. Thats 250 for calipers with fat ass rotors, not used stock. i've NEVER seen them gor for 550-600 used. Now unless you are talking about all 4 discs, all 4 calipers then thats a damn good price. I spent 50$ on a rear 300 subframe and snatched the rear calipers and LSD and driveaxles. add some rear slotted discs (120$) and theres a whole brake conversion for 500$ with the PDM lines.
Old 11-30-2002, 04:06 PM
Virginia Beach 757

Speedsensor is good..chk'd for voltage on the speedsensor .5V every spin. Now I need a new gauge cluster. I want the HUD one if you can get it. Thanks
Old 12-02-2002, 03:39 AM
Non-Driving Fuck

HondaAdict is an unknown quantity at this point

hmmm
Old 12-02-2002, 03:55 AM
Atheist.

Originally posted by Greaser
you're crazy! i got my calipers for 50$ each from www.car-part.com

the Brembo slotted/drilled rotors for $150 from heavythrottle. Thats 250 for calipers with fat ass rotors, not used stock. i've NEVER seen them gor for 550-600 used. Now unless you are talking about all 4 discs, all 4 calipers then thats a damn good price. I spent 50$ on a rear 300 subframe and snatched the rear calipers and LSD and driveaxles. add some rear slotted discs (120$) and theres a whole brake conversion for 500$ with the PDM lines.
I just checked that site out. They had calipers ranging from $60-$200 each. And they come from various salvage places; so no telling what they came off or how old they are. Mine only had 63K miles on them. The list price for these calipers are $506.81 each. You can often find much better prices than that though. As for used, I have seen a ton of people sell the front calipers/rotors for around $500 used. NEVER $50. OE brake pads cost $50, although I don't recommend using stock 300ZX pads with this upgrade.

As for $150 drilled/slotted rotors....never had great experience with cheap rotors. Good luck with yours.

I'm letting this stuff go for a very reasonable price. If you found a better deal, good for you.

Quick Reply: 240 guys!