Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

2000 Civic Alignment

Old 03-22-2006, 08:30 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black Z-24 Black Z-24
Default 2000 Civic Alignment

Need a quick answer and a sure one if possible. I did a search and found nothing.

I lowered my civic, and my tires are fucked. I bought new tires and a front/rear camber kit.

Question is, is it my toe that is fucked or my camber? Do I even need to put the front camber kit on? (reason for asking is Im not going to spend the money if I do not need to)

I have read that I do not need to, and it's only a toe adjustment.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:57 AM
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta
Default Re: 2000 Civic Alignment

are your tires slanted like this from a front view? / \, if so, then you'll need a camber kit, but then when you mess with the camber settings, it'll affect your toe settings, so then you'll need to just take it to a nice alignment place
Old 03-22-2006, 09:01 AM
Registered Member

Black Z-24 Black Z-24

Originally Posted by Slimsta Jimsta
are your tires slanted like this from a front view? / \, if so, then you'll need a camber kit, but then when you mess with the camber settings, it'll affect your toe settings, so then you'll need to just take it to a nice alignment place
Its not on coilovers, so it's not that low of a drop.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:08 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally Posted by Black Z-24
Its not on coilovers, so it's not that low of a drop.
doesnt matter, any drop changes the angle of the control arms, hubs, everything putting pressure on different points and changes factory specs resulting in reduced tire life and abnormal wear patterns. its up to you if you are willing to replace your tires sooner than you could have if you decide to not use the camber kit. toe is left to right(in and out horizontally), camber is top angle to bottom angle(vertically). when you get an alignment, they will do both and get them as close to stock specs as possible.

Last edited by MORE IMPATIENT; 03-22-2006 at 09:12 AM.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:44 AM
Registered Member

Black Z-24 Black Z-24

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
doesnt matter, any drop changes the angle of the control arms, hubs, everything putting pressure on different points and changes factory specs resulting in reduced tire life and abnormal wear patterns. its up to you if you are willing to replace your tires sooner than you could have if you decide to not use the camber kit. toe is left to right(in and out horizontally), camber is top angle to bottom angle(vertically). when you get an alignment, they will do both and get them as close to stock specs as possible.
Understood. I have read on honda tech that the camber of a lowered civic is usually around -2.0 and thats acceptable. They are saying that this negatvie camber does not wear tires out as noticeably as toe in/out does.

I just would like to know if anyone has lowered their car without the front kit and had visible wear of the tires in a short period of time.