Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

08 civic si clutch replacement??

Old 12-13-2010, 06:52 PM
where are my balls!?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger
Default Re: 08 civic si clutch replacement??

FINALLY done....18 hours of work....couple busted knuckles....and she drives like new

I will make a thread with all the pics of the clutch/flywheel replacement :
Old 12-20-2010, 03:11 PM
Registered Member

gardengirl has disabled reputation

I just did this job on an older civic myself. You can do it yourself if you have the tools and the place to do it. It is not worth having done at a dealership to me. I bought the new clutch at Autozone and it was 90 bucks. My mechanic friend said he would put it in for 225. I decided to try myself. The hardest part was fitting the tranny back up but there is a trick to that, if you watch some videos on youtube you will get a good idea of what you are looking at as far as difficulty. What you describe is definitely a clutch problem.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:12 PM
Registered Member

gardengirl has disabled reputation

OOPS for some reason the last reply where you said DONE didnt show up till after I posted. GOOD WORK!
Old 12-20-2010, 04:29 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

older civics are simple compared to the new ones...its like a 3 hour job at most on older civics
Old 12-20-2010, 04:41 PM
Anti "DONK"

ShortyzKustomz has disabled reputation

Glad to hear you got it done bro, Helped a friend on one of those, pain in the ass, And yeah we knocked out an older Civic in 2 hours in the dark, Its cake compared to his 08
Old 12-20-2010, 05:50 PM
Registered Member

backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms

Gah, working at a Honda dealership, I had to replace 3rd gear in a Honda Civic Si. That was a bitch. Just replacing a clutch, probably not so bad; but cracking the transmission and taking out the gears... ugh.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:04 AM
where are my balls!?

Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger

****UPDATE**** goin on 800 miles on the new clutch, broke it in right with the 750 miles time period. Purrrrrrs so well and pulls nicely

Yea, actually cracking the transmission wasn't hard at all....the actual act of getting it out from the car was the issue...we just pulled it far enough away from the block, replaced everything right in the engine bay, bolted it back (which was fun trying to line it up JUST right), then we had to put humpty dumpty back together but it was easy when it was so organized I labeled and ziplock baggied every piece and part with a description of where it went with a picture to make sure everything was were it was supposed to be. (although I trusted the guys working on it, I just like to have my own insurance policy )