Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

08 civic si clutch replacement??

Old 11-29-2010, 07:34 AM
where are my balls!?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger
Default 08 civic si clutch replacement??

Soooooo anyone know how easy or hard it is to do this yourself? or should I say screw it and have the dealership do it...because they are a$$hats and pin point every damn thing in the extended warrenty that I bought off them...why would I buy a freakin warrenty if they won't use it??? arghhh

Anyways how easy is it??? haha thanks in adv
Old 11-29-2010, 07:38 AM
Slappin Curtis

bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004
Default Re: 08 civic si clutch replacement??

Old 11-29-2010, 07:41 AM
where are my balls!?

Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger

Sooo lemme give you the run down first....

*I start to notice some clicking while I start the car up and move it in the a.m....just for a few minutes then it goes away*
*I then notice that when i apply the gas that the tach shoots sky high *with the clutch fully released*
*I then notice a wonderful burning smell...*
*then the car will not move a single inch...pop the car in first....let go of the clutch...won't even engage, won't do anything. Just sits there and lets me rev her up and not move a bit.*

So what parts do you think i need to buy??
Old 11-29-2010, 07:43 AM
where are my balls!?

Originally Posted by bluesrt2004
I could...but I'm going to go ahead and use the smaller, non corp sites and give some people who are bored outta their minds at work and do nothing but surf this site something to do.

But thanks for coming to the party.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:19 AM
シビックタイプR

boostorbust has disabled reputation

If your mechanically inclined (not just installing an intake lol) its not difficult at all. Make sure you have someone there to help you drop the tranny and install it. A clutch kit will fix all your symptoms. Make sure you re surface the flywheel

Last edited by boostorbust; 11-29-2010 at 09:22 AM.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:27 AM
where are my balls!?

Originally Posted by boostorbust
If your mechanically inclined (not just installing an intake lol) its not difficult at all. Make sure you have someone there to help you drop the tranny and install it. A clutch kit will fix all your symptoms. Make sure you re surface the flywheel
well i got 2 guys with me that have done everything before and are very mechanically inclined, they just haven't worked on a 2008 civic si before...and I was just wondering if this can be done in the parking lot or do i have to have it towed to a specific place to have it lifted up.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:39 AM
シビックタイプR

boostorbust has disabled reputation

Parking lot, you need a good jack, jack stands, some pieces of 2x4 to hold the engine up. Also a repair manual to make sure your doing things right
Old 11-29-2010, 04:54 PM
where are my balls!?

Originally Posted by boostorbust
Parking lot, you need a good jack, jack stands, some pieces of 2x4 to hold the engine up. Also a repair manual to make sure your doing things right
Gotta pick up the parts, towin it back to my parents house *garage* (incase it takes a bit longer/weather goes sour) and gonna try and knock it all out.

Talked to the two tech guys and they said there are a bunch of pieces that gotta come off before we can switch the parts out. Then I'm going to have to take it to the dealership to fill the tranny fluid back up boooooo on that. lol
Old 11-29-2010, 05:07 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

on the 2008 civics you have to drop the whole lower subframe,which means having a engine stabilizer bar to hold the engine while uou remove the subframe..

it calls for 14 hours i believe...

if you do do it...take video...it will be fun to watch without a lift
Old 11-29-2010, 05:58 PM
where are my balls!?

Originally Posted by nftuatn
on the 2008 civics you have to drop the whole lower subframe,which means having a engine stabilizer bar to hold the engine while uou remove the subframe..

it calls for 14 hours i believe...

if you do do it...take video...it will be fun to watch without a lift
haha yeaaa, i'll try to take a video, don't have a vid camera...but I'll take plenty of pics

Quick Reply: 08 civic si clutch replacement??