Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

08 civic si clutch replacement??

Old 12-01-2010, 09:09 AM
where are my balls!?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger
Default Re: 08 civic si clutch replacement??

Ok....don't know squat about clutches...so which one is the better bang for the buck?

http://www.phoenixfriction.net/Clutc...18876-1-2.html

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XTR-R...item2eb049ffed
Old 12-01-2010, 09:50 AM
БЛЯДЬ!

HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG

Seriously, if you're fixing the car so the same thing doesn't happen again, you're going to need to spend some cash. Don't buy a $190 clutch KIT. You throw a $190 kit like that and you will be dropping the tranny again in a couple of months.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:11 AM
where are my balls!?

Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger

So the ebay clutch kit?hahaha
Old 12-01-2010, 10:21 AM
БЛЯДЬ!

HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG

Honestly I'd go with either ACT or Competition. You don't have to get anything crazy from them. I'm sure that will be a safer route.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:23 AM
where are my balls!?

safer as in, more reliable?
Old 12-01-2010, 12:50 PM
БЛЯДЬ!

Yep. I wouldn't want to go cheap on something that's spinning like crazy in there.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by ProPixel
Yep. I wouldn't want to go cheap on something that's spinning like crazy in there.
Agreed. Plus, you don't really want to go back in there and do it again if a cheap clutch fails or doesn't work as expected. It's enough of a pain in the ass in the first place, and I wouldn't want to do it a second time.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:15 PM
シビックタイプR

boostorbust has disabled reputation

I would go with a Competition kit. I have had two (running a Stage 4 kit with lightweight flywheel currently) and they are very good units!
Old 12-01-2010, 05:26 PM
where are my balls!?

I don't have the dough to sit there and buy one of those right now...all i literally have is 300 to work with. I can save up a little bit till the next time it blows...but like a year? I don't ride em hard in the first place, hell i don't even run it on the track. I just do the occasional launch at a light. :-P

Well I just bought the XTR stage 2 kit...I will be posting a thread on here on the replacement with lots of pics
Old 12-08-2010, 06:59 AM
where are my balls!?

Ok the parts just came in today yay! I have the car on 4 stands as high as I could safely get them up.

*Started taking shit out to get to the starter, but I can't seem to get to the damn thing.

*I was told I have to take the control arm out, and stabilize the engine and tranny while I change out the clutch and put the new flywheel and clutch in.

*But I'm just stomped as to where to go from here. . .I can't get the starter off...I can't get to it, too small of spaces

Quick Reply: 08 civic si clutch replacement??