Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Suggestions....05 silverado lift?

Old 05-23-2006, 01:32 PM
S-T-F-U

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brycerb Brycerb
Default Re: Suggestions....05 silverado lift?

Originally Posted by ruggwood
lifting a daily driver is fun cuz you get people commenting on it all the time, and if you do it right, it will drive great. i had an old chevy on 35" BFG M/Ts with over 400 ponies and it still got about 15 mpg and I drove it every day, and even took it on a trip to NYC and back (that was pushing it on the comfort level though). But for around town, it was awesome, and locally on the highway, it cruised great.
What is your definition of old? My 71 Blazer only gets 7 mpg. It is not my DD.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:32 PM
Registered Member

ruggwood is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brycerb
What is your definition of old? My 71 Blazer only gets 7 mpg. It is not my DD.
it was a 77 chevy with a 69 motor in it
Old 06-08-2006, 07:05 PM
Registered Member

tdrewry is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xp1ik05
whats the point of lifting a truck and not driving it?? or using it for that matter, you just put an ass ton of money into it so y not drive it?? if your complaining about gas prices well bascially you schoudnt be driving a truck, go get a 4 banger, in most cases these new lift kits will imporove your trucks handling and ride so IMO get your moneys worth out of your truck.....
so all these big ass brand new trucks you see driving around you expect to be in the mud, using the lift and tires. I dont know about you, but i had the money to lift and put rims and tires on my truck, but i dont have the money to replace rear ends and gears and axles and shit every weekend when i decide i want to put my truck in the mud. get your moneys worth out of it...when you break something the first hole you hit, your def not gettin your money out of it. lifts do not improve handling....maybe the ride...but the handling does not improve, may not get worse, but def does not improve...i see you have a little ford ranger on 33's....that thing is so small of course it is gonna handle good...what about big blazers and extended cabs that are on 38's or 40's?
Old 06-09-2006, 12:35 AM
Registered Member

79jimmy454 is an unknown quantity at this point

whats the point of spending all the money to lift your truck and put some big tires on it, then not use it?? save your money. if your gonna do somethin do it right, if your gonna run big tires then you need to change out your gears also, then you won't be breakin rear ends and axles. and lifts do improve handling, especially offroad, your dealing with the suspension. i got a old blazer on 42's and it handles and drives great. it always depends on the quality and extent of work you do to the truck that determines how its gonna handle and drive.
Old 06-09-2006, 03:19 AM
_______

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____

Originally Posted by tdrewry
so all these big ass brand new trucks you see driving around you expect to be in the mud, using the lift and tires. I dont know about you, but i had the money to lift and put rims and tires on my truck, but i dont have the money to replace rear ends and gears and axles and shit every weekend when i decide i want to put my truck in the mud. get your moneys worth out of it...when you break something the first hole you hit, your def not gettin your money out of it. lifts do not improve handling....maybe the ride...but the handling does not improve, may not get worse, but def does not improve...i see you have a little ford ranger on 33's....that thing is so small of course it is gonna handle good...what about big blazers and extended cabs that are on 38's or 40's?
You must have missed this post

Originally Posted by _____
Whats wrong with having a lifted daily?

I have 9"s of lift and 37"s and drive it everywhere. Of course I didnt skimp on anything either and have about $3500 into it with the lift, wheels and tires. And it rides great. I honestly rides like it did stock.

I have the Fabtech lift on mine and did the install with the help of my dad in about 10 hours. That includes mounting the new wheels and tires.

Old 06-09-2006, 06:28 AM
Registered Member

xp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these partsxp1ik05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by tdrewry
something that is on 40's generally not a dd, maybe, but not usually, your damn right i do expect to see these trucks being used, i dont know about you but getting your moneys worth out of MUD tires isnt driving them on the road and you know damn well that these people get the biggest nastiest tires they can get and what are they?? pavement pounders....

and as far as my truck being small, ya i know it is, but its still a lifted truck, take into consideration that its a 1/4 ton pickup sooooo a 33 on my truck is alot bigger than a 33 on a 1/2 ton

why wouldnt an upgraded suspension offer better handling??? a good suspension lift will change and replace with better or improve the stock suspension right? in the lifted trucks i have been in/drove they seem to handle much better than a stock truck