Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

whats the difference between a body lift and suspension lift?

Old 11-09-2006, 08:41 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeesh has disabled reputation
Default whats the difference between a body lift and suspension lift?

I want to buy a lift kit for my 06 grand cherokee, It won't be seeing any mud... but i do want it a bit higher with the capability if fittin some nice fat tires. also, anyone know a good place to get lift kits?>
Old 11-09-2006, 08:59 AM
Engineer

varocktoy has disabled reputation
Default Re: whats the difference between a body lift and suspension lift?

you cant put a body lift on a grand cherokee its unibody. But the diff is that there is a spacer put in between the body and the frame for a body lift and the suspension lift on your jeep will either put spacers on top of the coils or give you new coils to give you the lift that you want. Suspension is way better anyways, but thats the only route you have.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:00 AM
Engineer

oh a good place is american powerhouse off road. Mike can steer you in the best direction for your needs. Just tell him toyota tony told you to go there.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:59 AM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

varocktoy is right. Suspension is better for ground clearence issues but body lifts also have advantages. For instance a body lift will allow you to do a drivetrain lift.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:27 AM
ZOR - WE'RE BACK!

cole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these parts

one lifts the body off the frame the other acctually affect suspension travel and lift
Old 11-18-2006, 09:22 AM
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of

one is cheap shitty way to go with extra body roll/ top heavy..the other is the way to go go suspension
Old 11-18-2006, 11:29 AM
just a little 4x4

ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck ChevyMudtruck

Originally Posted by SPAWN
one is cheap shitty way to go with extra body roll/ top heavy..the other is the way to go go suspension
anytime you lift anything higher you get body roll and top heavy . . even suspension lift . .and technically more because more weight shifted up . . the frame and motor and all when body you just lift the body up . .
Old 11-19-2006, 05:20 AM
Registered Member

05chevyyy is an unknown quantity at this point

I heard that it will make your truck sway more because theres more air getting between your body and your frame. But im sure thats only true if you get a 2' or 3'. I was considering a body lift on my chevy, but from what i have heard from different shops they are no good.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:08 PM
Engineer

ive never heard of such a thing... you are going to get sway regardless of air getting between your body and frame. When you move anything higher then stock you will get more sway or roll then what you had before.
Old 11-19-2006, 03:35 PM
Registered Member

05chevyyy is an unknown quantity at this point

I got my suspencion lift at a place called trick trucks, a guy there told me not to get a body lift b/c there would be too much air between the frame and the body and that it causes all kinds of problems. And he said that his buddy had a 3 inch body lift on his truck and he got in a head on collision and the body of his truck was like 20 feet away from his frame. Could be bullshittin me idk just said what he said.

Quick Reply: whats the difference between a body lift and suspension lift?