Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Slades?

Old 12-20-2009, 10:45 AM
Officially Official

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Slades?

Originally Posted by civiccord
Busco Beach is the shiznit......im planning a trip there next year!!! Yeah they need to fix the trails at slades.
Dude we should try to get a DragVA trip for spring.

Right when it starts to warm up. When its not to hot and not too cold
Old 12-20-2009, 10:46 AM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

When I moved up here from FL I figured there'd be a ton of places to ride my dirtbike seeing as how there's woods everywhere. I found out Slade's was the only place. Tremendous disappointment.

Some investor needs to buy 100 acres of woods, make trails, maintain it, and get rich.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:49 AM
Officially Official

Good Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by ufctapout
When I moved up here from FL I figured there'd be a ton of places to ride my dirtbike seeing as how there's woods everywhere. I found out Slade's was the only place. Tremendous disappointment.

Some investor needs to buy 100 acres of woods, make trails, maintain it, and get rich.
Busco beach.

Look it up.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:22 PM
liquor&cheeseburgers

Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy
Default Re: jetting question

Originally Posted by comegetsome
What I have is a 04 Polaris predator. What I have done is added 2 extra holes to the slide and cut 7 coils from its spring and dremeled the intake side of the card a little to get more flow. Here is my intake, I have a pure Polaris (same as what white brothers made) exhaust with the baffle discs removed and the spark arrestor too. I haven’t a clue since I have never jetted before and only did the jets and setup as the dynojet kit suggested with an aftermarket intake and aftermarket exhaust with a high flow baffle, since mine don’t have a baffle/spark arrestor I figured it couldn’t get any higher flow . I am running a 175 main jet, needle on the 2nd notch and mixture screw out 3 turns. I am getting a little forward fire or what sounds like it could just be misfire. Plus when lightly on the throttle putting around it seems to misfire and even die. This is just when I lightly press the throttle while in neutral or in gear. What would be a way to solve that? Different jet, mixture screws adjustment or different notch on the needle? Am I running rich? Plus there is a slight lag when mashing the throttle down. But through the rest of the throttle range it seems to be fine and pulls hard. Figured since there isn’t an ATV section this seems to be the best place. I was going to go to Slades to try and tune it but don't have the time now gotta get ready for my trip back home but would like to make the nessecary adjustments when I get there to get it tuned right. TIA.

Keep the plates on the exhaust. I had a FMF megamax on my old warrior and never got it to run ritght without the plates on. I re jetted that fucker so many times but i was never worth the plates. Plus they act a a spark arrestor and alot of places used to not let you ride without one.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:50 PM
Registered Member

comegetsome is a jewel in the roughcomegetsome is a jewel in the roughcomegetsome is a jewel in the roughcomegetsome is a jewel in the roughcomegetsome is a jewel in the rough

i should put them in but seems to be jetted just fine though. busco dont care or seems not to since there was so many there with non regulation exhaust. plus i like the sound of her. runs like a chap and mean as hell.

anyone want to buy it or trade for a 450? id like to get into racing.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:57 PM
On One Wheel

sprayedcivic has disabled reputation

www.ecmx.com not to far away and decently priced there are a few others around
Old 01-04-2010, 05:21 AM
Carolina Kracker

quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26

i told you to bring it down, i have land behind my house or i can take you to a couple different areas. one is a sand pit, the other is refered to as the desert, works good if you want to open it up and see what it will do. i am planning a buco trip maybe at the end of jan if its not to cold. going to west va in march. slades sucks ass. the pits i can take you to has much more to ride and better riding.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:23 AM
Carolina Kracker

quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26

and for ecmx you have to be a member. you can go to henderson and ride the track there, there is the morgans corner mx track on the other side of 17 from ecmx. there is a track in creswell i believe that is suppose to be big.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:59 AM
On One Wheel

sprayedcivic has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ufctapout

100 acrews is not enough and insurance is thru the roof believe it or not it is cheaper to insure a 2 wheel only track than it is to do both4 and 2 wheels

Originally Posted by quick26
and for ecmx you have to be a member. you can go to henderson and ride the track there, there is the morgans corner mx track on the other side of 17 from ecmx. there is a track in creswell i believe that is suppose to be big.
as far as being a member it is not that expensive at all guess it all depends on how badyou want to ride and how often you are going to ride im in process of building a track but it will only be for little bikes as for now
Old 01-04-2010, 08:09 AM
Carolina Kracker

Originally Posted by sprayedcivic
100 acrews is not enough and insurance is thru the roof believe it or not it is cheaper to insure a 2 wheel only track than it is to do both4 and 2 wheels

as far as being a member it is not that expensive at all guess it all depends on how badyou want to ride and how often you are going to ride im in process of building a track but it will only be for little bikes as for now
from what i have seen also, the local mx tracks are not atv friendly either. the only time i pay to ride is when i go to busco. other than that, there is nothing in the area that i see that is worth the money for me.

Quick Reply: Slades?