Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Slades?

Old 12-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
comegetsome is a jewel in the roughcomegetsome is a jewel in the roughcomegetsome is a jewel in the roughcomegetsome is a jewel in the roughcomegetsome is a jewel in the rough
Default jetting question

Hey just got my 4wheeler going today and was wondering if anyone wanted to go to slades. Like to make sure it's tuned right before I go home for christmas. Yeah that place isn't that great but it's close and I got the cops called on me tonight for riding on the street. Damn old people. Unless someone has a place near that I can open it up. I'm in hampton.

Last edited by comegetsome; 12-12-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:44 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn
Default Re: Slades?

id go but im sure its muddy as hell...been raining in surry lately...

and my 4wd is broke down right now
Old 12-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Registered Member

comegetsome is a jewel in the roughcomegetsome is a jewel in the roughcomegetsome is a jewel in the roughcomegetsome is a jewel in the roughcomegetsome is a jewel in the rough

Yeah that's true plus it's going to be cold. I'm on a sport quad.

Hey why isn't there an atv secion on this forum anyone know? Not even like a sub forum here what's up with that?
Old 12-12-2009, 06:15 AM
TEAM VAJJ

Naptime Naptime Naptime Naptime Naptime Naptime Naptime Naptime Naptime Naptime Naptime

Im looking for some place to bring my truck......
Old 12-12-2009, 08:15 AM
Fighterer

Abysalone will become famous soon enough

Been just chock full of puddles week before last, im sure its not any better now. Really sucked to be honest. Went to go through a puddle, just couldnt tell how deep it was. Went in slowly with the front tire, and as soon as it touched the edge of the water it sank about 3/4 tire worth lol. Stopped and pulled it back out.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:18 AM
Registered Member

Slades really isn't that great to begin with for sport quads. Don't want to go alone for the just incase factor and to get some feed back from someone else tunning wise before Christmas leave on Monday is all. If not I'll just wong it back home.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:53 PM
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn

If I had to rate slades with a 1 to 10 and ten being the best .....I would give it a -3.2
Old 12-12-2009, 06:24 PM
Registered Member

Default jetting question

What I have is a 04 Polaris predator. What I have done is added 2 extra holes to the slide and cut 7 coils from its spring and dremeled the intake side of the card a little to get more flow. Here is my intake, I have a pure Polaris (same as what white brothers made) exhaust with the baffle discs removed and the spark arrestor too. I haven’t a clue since I have never jetted before and only did the jets and setup as the dynojet kit suggested with an aftermarket intake and aftermarket exhaust with a high flow baffle, since mine don’t have a baffle/spark arrestor I figured it couldn’t get any higher flow . I am running a 175 main jet, needle on the 2nd notch and mixture screw out 3 turns. I am getting a little forward fire or what sounds like it could just be misfire. Plus when lightly on the throttle putting around it seems to misfire and even die. This is just when I lightly press the throttle while in neutral or in gear. What would be a way to solve that? Different jet, mixture screws adjustment or different notch on the needle? Am I running rich? Plus there is a slight lag when mashing the throttle down. But through the rest of the throttle range it seems to be fine and pulls hard. Figured since there isn’t an ATV section this seems to be the best place. I was going to go to Slades to try and tune it but don't have the time now gotta get ready for my trip back home but would like to make the nessecary adjustments when I get there to get it tuned right. TIA.
Attached Thumbnails Slades?-intake.jpg  
Old 12-13-2009, 08:02 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

where is slades and can I bring my truck in there?
Old 12-13-2009, 08:39 AM
Registered Member

its in surry va. no its atvs only i believe.

this state sucks for people who want to off road well anywhere close that is. good luck finding a legal place to wheel that is cloe by. someone needs to by some land near by and open a park they would make bank.

Quick Reply: Slades?