Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Shoe Creek / Big Levels Run

Old 08-19-2009, 07:39 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
declfier has disabled reputation
Default Re: Shoe Creek / Big Levels Run

how far is this run from Norfolk? b/c i'd love to go one weekend..
Old 08-20-2009, 01:48 AM
Registered Member

unclemeat has disabled reputation

Norfolk to my house is about 1 hour and 45-minutes.
My house to Stoney Run 90-minutes.
My house to Shoe Creek about 2-hours and 15-minutes.

These are approximate driving times. Returning from both trails takes about 20-additional minutes.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:30 PM
ss10

icantakeyou is a splendid one to beholdicantakeyou is a splendid one to beholdicantakeyou is a splendid one to beholdicantakeyou is a splendid one to beholdicantakeyou is a splendid one to beholdicantakeyou is a splendid one to beholdicantakeyou is a splendid one to behold

this sounds like fun i might have to go.how many ppl are going so far?
Old 08-26-2009, 06:08 AM
Registered Member

fishfood has disabled reputation

right now it looks like the definate runners are unclemeat, myself and i have a freind from work that will meet me on coal road. it does not sound like anyone from this forum is definately in. Do i need to do the zions crossing meeting? Uncle and i are coming from same place so we will be caravaning, judge is meeting me at the trail head. Is anyone from the tidewater area coming? i am trying to attach a map of the stony run area for others to use.

i guess just to be safe i will do the the zions crossing meeting just in case someone from the east wants to show up.if someone wants to meet us on coal road that will be fine. We should be passing that area around 10:45. look for green lifted 2dr explorer and black lifted 4 dr explorer.

nevermind....forum will not allow me to attach map (pdf). if anyone wants the map you can write to me off forum at stacey.burcin@verizon.net and i will reply with the maps.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:56 AM
vangorder

kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox

Still highly contemplating this... More towards the day trip on Saturday... might possibly camp.

Who is camping and who is day tripping? Stoney Run/Big Levels on Saturday, right?
Old 08-27-2009, 01:40 AM
Registered Member

At this point i dont know of anybody who is definately camping. i will be bringing a bag etc in case i get a wild hair and decide to join whoever is but my plan right now is to come back to richmond on saturday, and yes.... stony run/big levels is on saturday, meeting 10am at zion crossroads and 11 am at the bottom trailhead.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:01 AM
vangorder

kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox

Originally Posted by fishfood
At this point i dont know of anybody who is definately camping. i will be bringing a bag etc in case i get a wild hair and decide to join whoever is but my plan right now is to come back to richmond on saturday, and yes.... stony run/big levels is on saturday, meeting 10am at zion crossroads and 11 am at the bottom trailhead.
alright... i'll know tonight if I can make it..
Old 08-31-2009, 01:41 AM
Registered Member

unclemeat has disabled reputation

Awesome trip. We were 3 exploreres 91, 94, 98 on 33s and a CJ-5 on 32s. We did some of the off shoots and made a day out of it. The trail was more difficult than I remember, it had been three years. Just a little body damage but no real carnage.

I dont think I would recommend a stocker on the trail, unless it was something like a Rubicon, or an experinced driver.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:47 PM
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

Originally Posted by unclemeat
Awesome trip. We were 3 exploreres 91, 94, 98 on 33s and a CJ-5 on 32s. We did some of the off shoots and made a day out of it. The trail was more difficult than I remember, it had been three years. Just a little body damage but no real carnage.

I dont think I would recommend a stocker on the trail, unless it was something like a Rubicon, or an experinced driver.
Sucks I missed it... However, I did get everything installed so my Jeep is a bit bigger and on the 33s. Have a little driveline vibs I need to try to get rid of even with the transfer case drop, will try to adjust the pinon angle some. Also need to try to finesse the trans / transfer case a little forward or add a shifter extension because my reverse is difficult to get into with the six speed. Also need an alignment. Good thing I have a DD.

If you guys want to run it again when I get my rig sorted out I would love to go.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:31 PM
Registered Member

We had a blast.... The guy with the jeep wants to go back up soon, so we will probably do shoe creek sometime soon late sept or early october. Will most likely be a saturday with possible camping sat night and more rootin at my place on the other side of the county.

Quick Reply: Shoe Creek / Big Levels Run