Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Post a pic of your offroader/4x4.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:48 AM
OCD Fag.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96 Brandons96
Default Re: Post a pic of your offroader/4x4.

Yeah, I've got some 'ins' aka buddies at JeepAddOns , The markups from Factory to Distributor on some stuff is just truly ridiculous.

The pic you posted isn't working for me, but do keep me updated on how you like it, I haven't actually talked to anyone who has experience with it first hand.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:27 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Brandons96
Yeah, I've got some 'ins' aka buddies at JeepAddOns , The markups from Factory to Distributor on some stuff is just truly ridiculous.

The pic you posted isn't working for me, but do keep me updated on how you like it, I haven't actually talked to anyone who has experience with it first hand.
I wish I'd known that, but I'm not certain that I could have gotten it any cheaper than I did for the top and the header channel together. lol

As for the picture, it's not working for me now either. Hmm.. I originally hosted it on ImageShack, but now they're pulling that stupid shit where you have to sign up to link your pictures directly. Stupid!
Old 03-26-2011, 01:29 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by SpeedJunkie
I have had a rampage top on my jeep since october as my winter top. I like the big windows in it. Not as quick to put up as a standard frame top though.
Any issues with yours?

It's really not meant to be taken all the way off to completely open air... It's designed to be a safari top with the windows out, and I've read it's a minor nuisance to those who prefer being completely topless, but 5-10 minutes re-installation shouldn't be too terrible I guess. I'd rather be topless, but maybe it will be better having the windows and doors off in the 90 degree weather than with the top off altogether. I was in a hurry trying to find a Jeep when I bought mine and I was stupid enough to buy one without A/C. It gets miserably hot sometimes!
Old 03-26-2011, 01:31 PM
ladies love my foam.

iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam

just got the extra 2 inches installed on the jeep (it's on a downward slanting driveway so it looks like the front is higher but it's right at level)

Old 03-26-2011, 02:32 PM
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

No real issues other than some flapping but I don't have the foam inserts in mine... I have been rocking it without the windows since mid feb. I am pretty much topless all summer except when I need to put it up in the rain. I just plan to pick up a bikini/wind jammed/ deck cover for summer.

I do like that mine doesnt look like every other soft top you see on the road.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:08 PM
Suzuki Fanboi

OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy

Originally Posted by iFoam
just got the extra 2 inches installed on the jeep (it's on a downward slanting driveway so it looks like the front is higher but it's right at level)
That shit looks great my foamy brethren!

What did you do to get the extra 2" out of it again, how is your suspension setup?
Old 03-27-2011, 06:47 AM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Originally Posted by Brandons96
I request install pics/write up.. I'm THIS || CLOSE to getting one of those. Did you get the 'Fastback' style that's made by Rampage/Viking or whatever now?
Agreed.

Originally Posted by SpeedJunkie
I have had a rampage top on my jeep since october as my winter top. I like the big windows in it. Not as quick to put up as a standard frame top though.
How do you like it vs factory? I mean, obviously you like the larger windows, but how's the fit? Wind noise similar to the factory? Reccomended?
Old 03-27-2011, 04:54 PM
wub wub wub wub

Most of the guys on the forum say it's actually quieter than the stock top in many cases, but there have been suction issues with people who have the rear windows in and the windows down. I've been told that if you're experiencing that issue, you can cure it with your HVAC in some way or another, but I've only heard one or two people having an issue with the pressure.

I got the sailcloth top, so I'm expecting it will be more quiet than my Bestop Replace-A-Top--I hope. I'm pumped about having larger windows
Old 03-27-2011, 05:43 PM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
Most of the guys on the forum say it's actually quieter than the stock top in many cases, but there have been suction issues with people who have the rear windows in and the windows down. I've been told that if you're experiencing that issue, you can cure it with your HVAC in some way or another, but I've only heard one or two people having an issue with the pressure.

I got the sailcloth top, so I'm expecting it will be more quiet than my Bestop Replace-A-Top--I hope. I'm pumped about having larger windows
I'm not gonna lie, the look alone is insane. My tops doing well thus far, but this would be a nice option when it's time to replace it. From the description, another cool thing is the window pocket for when their out, and I also like the fact that it's a full top and safari, all in one, although I've already got like 19 different variations on what top I can go with from all the random shit I've purchased for this thing so far.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:22 PM
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

Originally Posted by SignfcntOthr
How do you like it vs factory? I mean, obviously you like the larger windows, but how's the fit? Wind noise similar to the factory? Reccomended?
If you are like me and you like to ride topless the majority of the year there may be better options. I do like it as a safari top but that still doesn't quite compare to no top.

Mine is a little more noisy than my old top but I had the thicker vinyl top. I am sure it would be a liitle more quiet if I put the foam inserts in. The mesh pockets of the sun visors are nice as well.

I haven't use the pocket for the windows because when I took mine out in feb I put them in the garage and they have not gone back in since.

I would recommend the top to anyone. It's a great top, I just will have to get a bikini top now for the summer just to throw something up quick and stay dry when it rains.