Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Post a pic of your offroader/4x4.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Suzuki Fanboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy
Default Re: Post a pic of your offroader/4x4.

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
Hate to agree with you, but that's definitely a mall crawler and it should probably stay that way.

It's a great find, and yes, I'm very jealous.
LOL! I wouldn't say mall crawler. A getting to be rare Jeep Grand Cherokee, yes! In this condition I would drive this thing proudly and not touch it. Other than maybe a BB lift and possible 31" tire.

Don't get me wrong here though. First, i'm not a Jeep fan (well except for certain models and builds... (XJ, TJ, WJ ZJ) Second, I just really like and respect the 98 Limited GC 5.9. It was the biggest engine Jeep had used until they started putting the Hemi in their products.

Last edited by OverEasy; 04-02-2011 at 08:37 PM.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:42 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by OverEasy
LOL! I wouldn't say mall crawler. A getting to be rare Jeep Grand Cherokee, yes! In this condition I would drive this thing proudly and not touch it. Other than maybe a BB lift and possible 31" tire.

Don't get me wrong here though. First, i'm not a Jeep fan (well except for certain models and builds... (XJ, TJ, WJ ZJ) Second, I just really like and respect the 98 Limited GC 5.9. It was the biggest engine Jeep had used until they started putting the Hemi in their products.
I didn't mean that in a bad way at all. I just meant mall crawler as in on-road only.. I wouldn't bang that up on the trail. As mentioned before, they're not common.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:48 PM
Suzuki Fanboi

OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy

I didn't mean that in a bad way at all. I just meant mall crawler as in on-road only.. I wouldn't bang that up on the trail. As mentioned before, they're not common.
Oh, I know. I wasn't saying you mean't it like that although it did make me laugh when I read it! Just sayin!

Had a chance to test those tires yet? Looks to be some mud stain between the lugs!
Old 04-02-2011, 09:16 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Oh, I know. I wasn't saying you mean't it like that although it did make me laugh when I read it! Just sayin!

Had a chance to test those tires yet? Looks to be some mud stain between the lugs!
That was the first thing I did when I left the tire shop. They're great! Tonight, I got to see how they did in the rain, and they perform great there too so far.

I put my new top on today, and wouldn't you know it's too cold to get the fabric to stretch enough to get the rear window on... D'oh! I tumbled the rear seat up so it didn't get soaked, but I'm glad the interior is bedlined and has the carpet removed. It's not pouring, but it's enough to give me anxiety.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:51 PM
Suzuki Fanboi

That was the first thing I did when I left the tire shop. They're great! Tonight, I got to see how they did in the rain, and they perform great there too so far.

I put my new top on today, and wouldn't you know it's too cold to get the fabric to stretch enough to get the rear window on... D'oh! I tumbled the rear seat up so it didn't get soaked, but I'm glad the interior is bedlined and has the carpet removed. It's not pouring, but it's enough to give me anxiety.
Nice! That sucks about the top though. At least you were able to somewhat protect the inside/ back of it a bit. There is a trick that may work, I've done it to a YJ top a time or two. Use a hair dryer to heat the fabric up. It does take a few minutes and helps if you have somewhere to do it like a garage or carport to block wind. Bit it will help in a pinch.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:32 PM
Have nice day

02Xterra 02Xterra 02Xterra 02Xterra 02Xterra 02Xterra 02Xterra 02Xterra 02Xterra 02Xterra 02Xterra

IMO, this isn't something you take out places where you would need sliders. With less than 15,000 of these made w/ the 5.9 in them and in this good of condition. . . . Leave it alone. Plus, the side moldings flow great with the front and rear bumpers.
O gotcha. I didn't realize they were that rare.. I keep forgetting its the 5.9 and not the 5.2.. buddy of mine used to have one with the 5.2 w/ all time 4x4.. that thing would drink some gas lol.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:37 PM
Suzuki Fanboi

Originally Posted by 02Xterra
O gotcha. I didn't realize they were that rare.. I keep forgetting its the 5.9 and not the 5.2.. buddy of mine used to have one with the 5.2 w/ all time 4x4.. that thing would drink some gas lol.
Ya, I only know of three in Lynchburg that are still being driven. Only one of them in a condition that would be desired, the other two are ragged and beat to piss. If it were the 5.2 . . . I wouldn't gaf. There is just a special place in my heart for the 5.9s. lol!
Old 04-02-2011, 10:58 PM
Have nice day

02Xterra 02Xterra 02Xterra 02Xterra 02Xterra 02Xterra 02Xterra 02Xterra 02Xterra 02Xterra 02Xterra

My uncles got a 97 dodge ram ss/t..2wd regular cab short bed black with white stripes with a 5.9 in it. it sounds damn good when his foots to the floor haha. Apparently its fairly rare.. I've only ever seen a blue one and a green one around town.. both are beat to crap lookin. It only leaves the garage on weekends. I'm pretty sure its got less than 20k on it.. definitely wouldn't mind owning it lol
Old 04-02-2011, 11:05 PM
Suzuki Fanboi

Originally Posted by 02Xterra
My uncles got a 97 dodge ram ss/t..2wd regular cab short bed black with white stripes with a 5.9 in it. it sounds damn good when his foots to the floor haha. Apparently its fairly rare.. I've only ever seen a blue one and a green one around town.. both are beat to crap lookin. It only leaves the garage on weekends. I'm pretty sure its got less than 20k on it.. definitely wouldn't mind owning it lol
Hahaa, now that would be something to get into trouble with, for sure!

Did you ever get all the pin stripes off the X? Hows it look? I know you said you had washed and waxed it. That's something I need to do to mine. I think I'll wait till it warms up a bit more though first.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:02 AM
Registered member

DubbyDoo DubbyDoo DubbyDoo DubbyDoo DubbyDoo DubbyDoo DubbyDoo DubbyDoo DubbyDoo DubbyDoo DubbyDoo

anyone want any 32 for 550$! lol just got the back end installed on my jeep last night damn stock shackle bolts giving me a hard time only damn bolt you cant get an impact on