Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

The jebsurf project 4x4 toyota build.

Old 02-22-2010, 05:09 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT
Default Re: The jebsurf project 4x4 toyota build.

holy crap your doing it black. jesus. your gonna regret that so bad. are you spraying that thing in the garage ? theres gonna be so much crap in that paint job black is gonna be your worst niemare, oh well, live and learn my friend. I thought youd be going back to red or something, but black. ehhhh. better get alot of 1500 sandpaper and be prepared to buff alot if you want that thing looking tite. but I sure do like the look of the truck, the stance is proper as hell.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:32 AM
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
holy crap your doing it black. jesus. your gonna regret that so bad. are you spraying that thing in the garage ? theres gonna be so much crap in that paint job black is gonna be your worst niemare, oh well, live and learn my friend. I thought youd be going back to red or something, but black. ehhhh. better get alot of 1500 sandpaper and be prepared to buff alot if you want that thing looking tite. but I sure do like the look of the truck, the stance is proper as hell.
LOLZ this is true. I'm going to build a temp paint booth(pvc and thick ass plastic) in the garage and give it our best shot and see what happens. But yes I already know its going to be a problem because when we sprayed the cab we already had fish eyes. But its cool.

Last edited by UrGrlGveMeDkBrn; 02-22-2010 at 05:34 AM.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:40 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

fish eye is from either lack of prep or cleaning... not really from contaminants in the air. unless of course they contain some sort of silicone, gas (like kerosene or other sort of combustible fume) or an undissolved solution droplet in the air.

just curious, what are you cleaning with ?.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:44 AM
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn

fish eye is from either lack of prep or cleaning... not really from contaminants in the air. unless of course they contain some sort of silicone, gas (like kerosene or other sort of combustible fume) or an undissolved solution droplet in the air.

just curious, what are you cleaning with ?.

Grease and wax remover..........IIRC...........? ... But that shop has all kinds of shit in it. Gas,kerosene(for the heaters),gear oil(90w), you name it. I will have all of that shit cleared when we spray the base and clear. I'm not really expecting a great paint job. I told aaron that if I have a 5ft paint job I will be happy and anything more than that I will be stoked! I will bring it up to you when we get done and let you check it out. Or shit you could even stop in if you are around when we shoot it. YOu going to show me how to wet sand and buff....?
Old 02-22-2010, 05:46 AM
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

The 22r/re is a great motor, better by far than the v6. one of the mechanics that i work with has a 22re with over 300 on it, and its only had routine maintence. shit, they just started up a truck that had been sitting for 6 years, didnt smoke or rattle.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 93sr-5ftw
The 22r/re is a great motor, better by far than the v6. one of the mechanics that i work with has a 22re with over 300 on it, and its only had routine maintence. shit, they just started up a truck that had been sitting for 6 years, didnt smoke or rattle.
I had to spend a bunch of extra money when it ran out of oil. It burnt up a lot of shit that would not had to be replaced if the rings just went bad or something. That motor was also the first one I actually put together all by myself so we will see. Even tho I really miss my old toyota with a 350 in it. If I comp another dd I already know I will be pulling the motor anyway.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:28 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

ill help you sand and buff it as long as your willing to buy the materials, I got the buffer and pads, you buy some sandpaper, some extra cut compound,some finesse-it and some extra fine polish(and a large meatball pizza from primos) and well get that fucking thing so blingtastic youll think that black was invisible.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:16 AM
Banned

ill help you sand and buff it as long as your willing to buy the materials, I got the buffer and pads, you buy some sandpaper, some extra cut compound,some finesse-it and some extra fine polish(and a large meatball pizza from primos) and well get that fucking thing so blingtastic youll think that black was invisible.
I don't think I have ever told you this but.......................... you are the fucking man. . You know I hook it up. I will get this thing painted and we will get up one weekend when its nice and do work!
Old 02-22-2010, 07:17 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

No need to tell me, I know. hahahaha ill be out of town all this week so next week will be fine. since the trucks not gonna be baked, it needs a few days before sanding and buffing. and I have a garage so it doesnt really need to be super nice outside, but when its above 50 and the garage is open its definitely more comfortable.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:43 AM
ECR
Bow Down

ECR is on a distinguished road

you can do my 91 4x4 22re 5spd with 245k miles next

Quick Reply: The jebsurf project 4x4 toyota build.