Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

The jebsurf project 4x4 toyota build.

Old 02-21-2010, 06:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn
Default The jebsurf project 4x4 toyota build.

Ok, first off I have a 92 toyota 4wd pick up that I bought off of craigslist that I will be building little by little. I'm doing nothing crazy right now but just in the process from bringing it back from the dead. Here some pics of the cond the truck was in when I got it Ugly as shit rims and chipping paint

I have to start off with the history of the truck first. The first day I had it the truck fucking thing blew up on my way to work. . It was nothing that I did and the motor was in good working order when I bought it. But the guy told me that it had a fresh oil change( and I checked and the oil on the stick was fresh as shit) soooo I took his word for it. Well needless to say the dumb ass forgot to tighten the oil drain plug and it backed out on my first day and dumped all of the oil out on my way to work and kaboom. I have some pics of the first motor that I bought. I bought this motor not knowing much about it and didn't know that not all 22r's are equal.And boy was I wrong The guy I got it from said those pistons were not stock and were high compression and to be honest due to the dome I bought into it. He also said it was an efi motor and I fell into that also because he had a efi mani bolted up to it .

But anyhow after doing some research https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/anyone-seen-these-pistons-before-22r-aftermarket-286315/ and a few other spots I found out that it was a stock 22r motor and not a rec(fuel injected)and would NOT work for my setup. . So I just ended up selling that motor(for a loss) and going and rebuilding the original motor that came out of the truck. Sorry for the lack of pics but I ended up going with http://www.engnbldr.com/ rebuild kit (.30 pistons over) and a 268 deg aftermarket cam. And I can not express how much happier I am with that cam and that setup! Sorry but this is the only pic of the new motor in the truck. Gotta love shinny block.Sorry about the lack of pics of the motor build

The odometer said the truck only had 100k miles on it (also checks out on car fax) so I figure since the truck has almost 0 rust and a new motor I might as well keep it and build it like I want. I hated those rims so that was one of the first things to scrap and the truck needs new tires so I got these monsters

They are 325/60/15r(best equaled out to standard 31.5x13x15 and they look like they poke a lot because they are only 31" tall) bfgoodwrinch mud terrains and the rims are American Eagle Type 102 Wheels 15x12 wide. I picked them up and got them mounted and balanced at pungo offroad.I also love the short and wide stance so I am also running a 2" wheel spacers(we will get to those later).
Old 02-21-2010, 06:42 PM
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn
Default Re: The jebsurf project 4x4 toyota build.

But I had some broken door hinges and I had to keep on slamming the door of the truck and it ended up pulling the 3 bolts that hold the locking mechanism in place trough the door and leaving me helpless and not able to shut my door. So I had enough of that and went to the junk yard picked me out a door($150) and fixed the hinge problem and my door . But created a problem that I had a different color door.So since the paint was shit on the truck anyway I decided I was going to paint the whole truck. I went up to mattos and picked up a gal of DuPont nason black paint and everything else to go with it. So the last few days I have been spending time gutting the truck and getting everything prepped to paint. And here are so pics of the current process.

The guy in the pics is a friend from work that has done body and paint for 15 years and he is coaching me along on how to do things. He was a paint and body guy that use to work at that hot rod shop off of arberdeen(spell?) road. I have never seen any of his work personally but everyone says he knows his shit. So with all of the hard work with the truck (doing it at my dads house) my dads friend flew in today with his heli and we put down the sand paper for a short ride over to carova beach. Sorry the pics might not be the best. Were taken with my droid. Enjoy

Pre-flight check

And go

But now we are back on solid ground as soon as this paint job is over I want to add on board air( I spend A LOT of time over at the beach) ,and I will be doing a SAS with gears and lockers( I already have everything), and if I ever get over on this 22re and she lets go I will be doing a 350 conversion.But I will keep everyone updated with everything else for this build. And I almost forgot I got the widows tinted last week. I got 5% on the back, 25% on the sides, and 35% on the whole windshield. And befor I hear any shit about that I have a medi waver.

Last edited by UrGrlGveMeDkBrn; 02-21-2010 at 06:47 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:43 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

and then...
Old 02-21-2010, 06:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nftuatn
and then...

I have been telling you and ricky for a while I was going to paint that damn thing.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:50 PM
vangorder

kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox

for another toyota love 'em

looks good. keep the 22r, they're bulletproof (as long as they have oil )
Old 02-21-2010, 06:50 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

well get busy man...you cant get it done sitting on drag all night...

times wastin!!
Old 02-21-2010, 06:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nftuatn
well get busy man...you cant get it done sitting on drag all night...

times wastin!!
I want to sooo bad but arron(my mentor) wants to show me the RIGHT way to do things so I have to wait to work on things on his and my day's off.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2>4
for another toyota love 'em

looks good. keep the 22r, they're bulletproof (as long as they have oil )
And thanks
Old 02-21-2010, 07:00 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

Originally Posted by jebsurf
I want to sooo bad but arron(my mentor) wants to show me the RIGHT way to do things so I have to wait to work on things on his and my day's off.
well thats a good thing...do it right the first time ...if not you will hate that you cut corners and will be redoing it ...which will have a ton of lost time and money...

take your time...looking good though..
Old 02-22-2010, 04:41 AM
Banned

The old tires and rims are for sale if anyone likes them. Tires are shot but rims are good. come and get em $60.

Quick Reply: The jebsurf project 4x4 toyota build.