Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Roll Cages in VA illegal?

Old 03-11-2004, 11:26 AM
U N I T Y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tekkynikality is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Roll Cages in VA illegal?

Originally Posted by Stylin3
you would think rollbars are legal as long as they are properly placed. I mean they are put in basically so that in the event of a rollover you wont get sandwiched between pavement and your car.

Man i swear FFX police are so F*CKING ANAL.
exactly, i've seen many miatas driving around with cages, and even more various cars with rollbars, which come factory on some cars i.e. Audi TT.

but a standard rollcage doesn't obstruct your vision, so i don't see what the deal is, i believe it could be easily argued in court.
Old 03-11-2004, 11:31 AM

RedRexSI RedRexSI RedRexSI RedRexSI RedRexSI RedRexSI RedRexSI RedRexSI

My Dad is a Hampton Police officer and i asked him about it and he said it is perfectly legal and that he said some cars come stok with them ex: Jeeps, audi..... but yeah it is legal and the cops that wrote u up are fucking dicks like the Pooper Trooper Sarion
Old 03-11-2004, 12:17 PM

jinxproof99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MissSi
also will you pass va inspection with the roll cage?
there is no reason to have a cage in your honda if it could pass inspection/emissions on its own....lol.
Old 03-11-2004, 12:46 PM
Registered Member

jdm ctr ek jdm ctr ek jdm ctr ek jdm ctr ek jdm ctr ek jdm ctr ek jdm ctr ek jdm ctr ek jdm ctr ek jdm ctr ek jdm ctr ek

Originally Posted by RedRexSI
My Dad is a Hampton Police officer and i asked him about it and he said it is perfectly legal and that he said some cars come stok with them ex: Jeeps, audi..... but yeah it is legal and the cops that wrote u up are fucking dicks like the Pooper Trooper Sarion
Well if you get pulled over, what can you say?? Does you dad know what we could say to make the cop say "Oh... well i'll write you up for your exhaust instead.." hahaha
Old 03-11-2004, 02:11 PM
Registered Member

MissSi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jinxproof99
there is no reason to have a cage in your honda if it could pass inspection/emissions on its own....lol.

i was asking in general
Old 03-11-2004, 03:17 PM
Registered Member

Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan

A long time ago, I actually founf the code that concerns Roll bars... I think I found it on the SEMA site. Unless the officer can find a specific law that pertains to a rollbar being illegal, there is nothing he can do. AND, there is nothing in the rule book for VA safety inspection regarding it, so they can't fail you for it. I've been running rollbars in my cars for 7 years now. Not a single ticket for it, not a single cop has ever said anything about it. The only roll bars I can see someone catching shit over is one of those stupid "monkey barz" setups... Those don't even bolt in!!! They just sit there!!!

Dan
Old 03-11-2004, 05:37 PM
Registered Member

DriftEnthusiast is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdm93civic
my friend got pulled over yesterday for that blue hatch, motor,roll cage, exhaust, lowered...they cited him for everything....the cops to pics of his car...and told him if they see him on the road they were going to impound his car...they towed the car to his house...they said everything he has was illegal?..ok riiiiight....
How can they site you for a blue hatch and a Motor????
Old 03-12-2004, 04:52 AM
Registered Member

jdm ctr ek jdm ctr ek jdm ctr ek jdm ctr ek jdm ctr ek jdm ctr ek jdm ctr ek jdm ctr ek jdm ctr ek jdm ctr ek jdm ctr ek

http://leg1.state.va.us/000/reg/TOC19030.HTM#C0070

^ that's the VA State Police Inspection Regulations. I cannot find a thing that is related to roll cages. although i did find things about exhaust & suspension. lol
Old 03-12-2004, 05:04 AM
Registered Member

google is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jinxproof99
huh?
Old 03-12-2004, 05:19 AM
Registered Member

rhman15 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by google
huh?
I think what he is saying is that if your honda is passing inspection and emissions without help, then it doesn't need a cage, it wouldn't be fast enough to need one.

Quick Reply: Roll Cages in VA illegal?