VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   NOVA/DC/MD (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/nova-dc-md-16/)
-   -   Roll Cages in VA illegal? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/nova-dc-md-16/roll-cages-va-illegal-45122/)

jdm ctr ek 03-10-2004 06:24 PM

Roll Cages in VA illegal?

Anyone know if roll cages in VA are illegal for daily driven cars?? I heard it was, but i dunno for sure. Anyone here know?

Lt. Dan 03-10-2004 06:35 PM

Re: Roll Cages in VA illegal?

Perfectly legal. Just install it properly, and PAD IT!!!!

Dan

rhman15 03-10-2004 06:38 PM

Not too sure, I think they are legal, but some cops will try to get you for the front bars obscuring your vision. Also depends on the type of cop you run into obviously.

google 03-11-2004 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by Lt. Dan
Perfectly legal. Just install it properly, and PAD IT!!!!

Dan

Then why did i get a ticket for it? FFxCo cops are nothing but hypocrites, say one thing is legal and then the next day write a ticket for it. I guess crime in FFxCo isnt what it used to be, so writing stipuid ass Exhaust and Defective Equipment tickets is all you can do. I guess if i didnt have a good education I would have been a stupid ass cop as well.

So basically if you get pulled you have 50% chance of getting ticket, if i can find my old ticket ill scan it up for ya. :rolleyes:

Focal E46 03-11-2004 03:52 AM

it really depends on how discreet (sp?) they are.

jdm93civic 03-11-2004 07:03 AM

my friend got pulled over yesterday for that blue hatch, motor,roll cage, exhaust, lowered...they cited him for everything....the cops to pics of his car...and told him if they see him on the road they were going to impound his car...they towed the car to his house...they said everything he has was illegal?..ok riiiiight....

King Dingaling 03-11-2004 07:22 AM

wtf. thats bs. id get a lawyer and take that one to court

jdm ctr ek 03-11-2004 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by google
Then why did i get a ticket for it? FFxCo cops are nothing but hypocrites, say one thing is legal and then the next day write a ticket for it. I guess crime in FFxCo isnt what it used to be, so writing stipuid ass Exhaust and Defective Equipment tickets is all you can do. I guess if i didnt have a good education I would have been a stupid ass cop as well.

So basically if you get pulled you have 50% chance of getting ticket, if i can find my old ticket ill scan it up for ya. :rolleyes:

Damnit! :mad: So they wrote you a defective equipment ticket??

Stylin3 03-11-2004 10:02 AM

you would think rollbars are legal as long as they are properly placed. I mean they are put in basically so that in the event of a rollover you wont get sandwiched between pavement and your car.

Man i swear FFX police are so F*CKING ANAL.

MissSi 03-11-2004 10:57 AM

also will you pass va inspection with the roll cage?