Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Roll Cages in VA illegal?

Old 03-12-2004, 05:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vanbells is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Roll Cages in VA illegal?

Originally Posted by rhman15
I think what he is saying is that if your honda is passing inspection and emissions without help, then it doesn't need a cage, it wouldn't be fast enough to need one.
It's still good for safety though.
Old 03-12-2004, 06:03 AM

jdm93civic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DriftEnthusiast
How can they site you for a blue hatch and a Motor????
What i meant was that he drives a blue hatch with a motor...they took pics of the whole care back, side, front, and even the motor...and told him if they ever see his car the way it is the were going to impound it next time...
Old 03-12-2004, 06:09 AM

IWINEZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Basically a cop can write you for anything he wants to. You have to goto court to make your case to the judge, the judge decides not the cop. Fairfax cops are the worse, I was in my supra and they wrote me for loud exhaust, I was like " hey buddy how many harleys do you write up" Of course he had no answer. If people would quit just paying these tickets and just show up to court and fight a well thought out defense, the judges will get tired of these kinds of offenses clogging up the court system and the cops will be forced to relax with the bs tickets.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:36 AM

Stylin3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by IWINEZ
Basically a cop can write you for anything he wants to. You have to goto court to make your case to the judge, the judge decides not the cop. Fairfax cops are the worse, I was in my supra and they wrote me for loud exhaust, I was like " hey buddy how many harleys do you write up" Of course he had no answer. If people would quit just paying these tickets and just show up to court and fight a well thought out defense, the judges will get tired of these kinds of offenses clogging up the court system and the cops will be forced to relax with the bs tickets.

my thoughts exactly, so many Harleys that are straight out of the factory sound so damn loud its not even funny. I would have to agree that if you get a fix it ticket for an exhaust or any parts that you were cited for just go to court and fight it. I can only hope that the people who do get these tickets goes to court and shows how rediculous these tickets can become. Im sure our courts are better off judging real cases as oppose to sitting for an hour and hearing a bunch of young people with modified vehicles state the legalities of their vehicle.
Old 03-12-2004, 09:31 AM
Registered Member

google is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rhman15
I think what he is saying is that if your honda is passing inspection and emissions without help, then it doesn't need a cage, it wouldn't be fast enough to need one.
ahhh... but my car passed in MD after i got a work order saying that i spent more then 300 in repairs to get the emissions issues fixed. I came in at 1800ppm Nitric Ox. thats either 5 or 10 times the limit. haha
Old 03-12-2004, 01:05 PM
Registered Member

trini ef racer trini ef racer

I got stopped today for illegal tint driving on 81 and then the cop sees my hemp lotion (best stuff out there) and He decided to search my car it was just lotion cops should go get the criminals and stop harrassing us
Old 03-12-2004, 03:51 PM

jinxproof99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by trini ef racer
I got stopped today for illegal tint driving on 81 and then the cop sees my hemp lotion (best stuff out there) and He decided to search my car it was just lotion cops should go get the criminals and stop harrassing us

he probably just pulled you over for driving a 16 second car....lol.
Old 03-15-2004, 05:02 AM
Registered Member

google is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lt. Dan
A long time ago, I actually founf the code that concerns Roll bars... I think I found it on the SEMA site. Unless the officer can find a specific law that pertains to a rollbar being illegal, there is nothing he can do. AND, there is nothing in the rule book for VA safety inspection regarding it, so they can't fail you for it. I've been running rollbars in my cars for 7 years now. Not a single ticket for it, not a single cop has ever said anything about it. The only roll bars I can see someone catching shit over is one of those stupid "monkey barz" setups... Those don't even bolt in!!! They just sit there!!!

Dan
Yea i guess it comes down to the cop. But my cage is very nicely made, shit for 2k dollars it better be. Its a 8 point that was built all out of cromo and all the bars are barely visible from the front or back of the car, all you can see is the bars that come down from the main upper hoop to the strut towers.
Old 03-16-2004, 08:45 AM
Registered Member

jdm ctr ek jdm ctr ek jdm ctr ek jdm ctr ek jdm ctr ek jdm ctr ek jdm ctr ek jdm ctr ek jdm ctr ek jdm ctr ek jdm ctr ek

Originally Posted by google
Yea i guess it comes down to the cop. But my cage is very nicely made, shit for 2k dollars it better be. Its a 8 point that was built all out of cromo and all the bars are barely visible from the front or back of the car, all you can see is the bars that come down from the main upper hoop to the strut towers.
How long have you had it? Daily Driver? Gotten any tickets for it? $2k?? Got any pic's??
Old 03-16-2004, 08:52 AM
Del
image*in tomorrow

Del Del Del Del

Originally Posted by jdm ctr ek
How long have you had it? Daily Driver? Gotten any tickets for it? $2k?? Got any pic's??

hot damn... ask questions much?