Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Im moving

Old 04-11-2008, 12:03 PM
executive member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbobrick Turbobrick
Default Re: Im moving

If you have a modded import, be prepared for endless harassment. Also, make sure you put a grand or so aside to pay for equipment violations(aftermarked exhaust, altered suspension........). Have fun with traffic too, its absolutely horrendous. Cost of living is outrageous, be prepared to spend upwards of $1500-2K a month for a decent apt. w/garage in Alexandria. Car thefts/break ins are an issue too, especially if driving a honda or toyota.

Sure you still want to move here?
Old 04-11-2008, 03:14 PM
loved by all

ForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these parts

damn guys, anyone have anything positive to say about the nova area? I think its tight. everyone bitches about there being nothing to do but thats just the retard stoners and losers. theres endless shit to do, for fuck sakes DC is a stones throw away.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:08 AM
small town guy

broke_honda has disabled reputation

YES +1 for positivity. well its looking like mid-late july...posibly august. but still, at least there isnt snow by then.

what all even happens in the later parts of the year?? i know around here thats when people start puttin cars and bikes away but when i was there for xmas i was ridin an r6 day after xmas.

once again im just trying to get a feel of what, and what not, to look foreward to upon arrival.....and im not a asshat...(just figured i'd chime that in just incase i was mistaken for a small town hillbilly)
Old 04-12-2008, 12:09 AM
small town guy

but no hard feelings...Fargo is lame...just like the movie
Old 04-12-2008, 04:29 AM
Hello

Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality

i think there's a good feel for NOVA in this thread. If you have the dough to live above the negatives described here then you'll probably have a great time. It's a neat area with lots of cultural and recreational things to do.

If you live cheaply, you'll complain about everything that has been posted

I'm in the second group and glad i don't live there. The beach is more my speed (although with property values and traffic as high as it is it's beginning to look a lot similar).
Old 04-12-2008, 05:20 AM
Registered member

DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus

It's not so bad!
as long as you're not a democrat.
Old 04-12-2008, 05:41 AM
small town guy

Originally Posted by idkfa
i think there's a good feel for NOVA in this thread. If you have the dough to live above the negatives described here then you'll probably have a great time. It's a neat area with lots of cultural and recreational things to do.

If you live cheaply, you'll complain about everything that has been posted

I'm in the second group and glad i don't live there. The beach is more my speed (although with property values and traffic as high as it is it's beginning to look a lot similar).
yea i live in VB for a summer and it was a blast. my step dad was stationed in little creek<i think thats it at least.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:02 PM
Switchin_Lanes

BoostedVaDa has disabled reputation

uh yea it sucks here!! And hey I might see you in court one day good luck.