Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Viper Alarm Issues Need some Help in NOVA ASAP

Old 04-11-2008, 04:23 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
google is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Viper Alarm Issues Need some Help in NOVA ASAP

Need some help guys. So i was driving home last night and the rsx dies when i pull into the neighborhood. the car has a viper alarm with remote start.
The car will not start using the key only cranks, but will start with the remote start. i flipped the kill switch back on fourth but it does not seem to be the problem. when i start the car with the remote start it turns on but then if i drop the ebrake the car dies. i managed to get it home by starting it with the remote start and not hitting the brake and leaving the ebrake up a little. What would cause this and how do i fix it???? need some help asap or else ill be taking a taxi to work in the morning.

should i take the car back to a alarm install place. the car was bought with the remote start and viper alarm. any suggestions
Old 04-11-2008, 06:12 AM
loved by all

ForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Viper Alarm Issues Need some Help in NOVA ASAP

There's a couple reason why this happens. Usually pretty easy to fix depending on how it was origionaly installed. The alarm has a feature that prevents the car from cranking when the alarm is activated. I have seen that feature lead to problems such as yours many times. I live in ashburn if you can get the car to me then I can fix it.
Old 04-12-2008, 05:55 AM
I <3 MY EG

JustaGSR18 has disabled reputation

sounds like your key has lost its programming, it starts with the remote start because there is a bypass module that has the key code stored in it. go to the dealer and get the key reprogramed and it should work.
Old 04-12-2008, 05:57 AM
I <3 MY EG

Originally Posted by ForcedFedTeg
There's a couple reason why this happens. Usually pretty easy to fix depending on how it was origionaly installed. The alarm has a feature that prevents the car from cranking when the alarm is activated. I have seen that feature lead to problems such as yours many times. I live in ashburn if you can get the car to me then I can fix it.
he said the car just cranks and does not start, therefore it is not the starter disable in the alarm, and probaly the key itself
Old 04-12-2008, 06:15 AM
Registered Member

Guys thanks for the response. Force Fed Teg ill PM you.

GSR 18, to get the key reprogrammed would i have to take the car with me to the dealer (acura dealer)?
Old 04-12-2008, 06:43 AM
I <3 MY EG

Originally Posted by google
Guys thanks for the response. Force Fed Teg ill PM you.

GSR 18, to get the key reprogrammed would i have to take the car with me to the dealer (acura dealer)?

yes, I think so
Old 04-12-2008, 07:31 AM
loved by all

ForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by JustaGSR18
he said the car just cranks and does not start, therefore it is not the starter disable in the alarm, and probaly the key itself
ahhh, i didnt catch that.

EDIT: if he used a 556U then he could get the other key out from under the dash and try that one before going to the dealer.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:22 AM
Registered Member

guys thanks for the input, im going to take the key to the dealer mon. for now im pulling the alarm out completely as I dont need the headache anymore. I ve had issues on the past being locked out, car not starting, not turning off...

if you guys want an alarm and possibly help me out with some issues let me know. im in woodbridge!
Old 04-12-2008, 08:28 AM
loved by all

pm'ed
Old 04-12-2008, 08:46 AM
I <3 MY EG

Originally Posted by ForcedFedTeg
ahhh, i didnt catch that.

EDIT: if he used a 556U then he could get the other key out from under the dash and try that one before going to the dealer.
this is very true, or atleast that will get him to the dealer for reprograming.

Quick Reply: Viper Alarm Issues Need some Help in NOVA ASAP