Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

street fighters

Old 05-10-2008, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zx636skiv is on a distinguished road
Default Re: street fighters

Originally Posted by j4k3
Nothing fighter is done in a month.
I believe you meant, "No fighter is done in a month"...well, especially if you drop them...then you get to start over...

Tonight, while trying to get my upper off again, she fell off the swingarm stand. I caught it, but it was a slow, agonizing fall to the garage floor. The gauge bracket that took me about a week and a half of fabrication is cracked...the overflow is broken along with the bolts that were holding it on. Fortunatly, the bars were hanging freely, so the new mirrors are only scratched, and not broken. Guess if I was contemplating a new paint job...now is the time. Guess I get to fab my own overflow and brackets. Like 2 steps forward and 3 steps back....
Old 05-10-2008, 10:56 PM
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom

See this is why the ex500 is an awesome bike. Those dual pipes that it has are so thick and stick out so far you can never ever damange the actual bike it hits handle bars and pipes only. I am sorry about what happened man that really sucks.
Old 05-11-2008, 03:13 AM

If I would have left the cage on, none of it would have happened either. Or maybe just checked to see that it was still straight on the stand. It didn't really do that much damage to the body work. I had been wanting to change out the overflow to something cooler anyway. Now I have to decide if I want to cut the ignition off the triple and mount it somewhere else since I will have to remake the gauge bracket that broke. At least this time I have a template I can use for that bracket...still sucks though.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Fighterer

Abysalone will become famous soon enough

That sucks dude.

Got my motor back in. Just have to rebuild and paint the calipers, mount electronics, clean up wires, order acewell, Diablo's, headlightand find a different tail.

Im cleaning my gas tank today with sodium carbonate and a battery charger. Should be interesting.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:55 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Abysalone
Im cleaning my gas tank today with sodium carbonate and a battery charger. Should be interesting.
muratic acid (driveway cleaner) and water 50/50, let soak over night, pour, rinse, let dry.

i've heard horror stories of sodium carbonate and electricity eating holes in tanks.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
muratic acid (driveway cleaner) and water 50/50, let soak over night, pour, rinse, let dry.

i've heard horror stories of sodium carbonate and electricity eating holes in tanks.
I've used Kreem Tank Prep in one of my old tanks and never had a problem.
Easy to use 3 part kit.