Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

MX Bike Shops?

Old 04-08-2006, 05:47 PM
Fighterer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Abysalone will become famous soon enough
Default MX Bike Shops?

Any good shops around here that work on dirtbikes? Im thinking its the carb.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:11 PM
Registered Member

pcmusa has disabled reputation
Default Re: MX Bike Shops?

i would like to know aswell.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:22 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

see signatue.....lol
Old 04-11-2006, 10:23 PM
Fighterer

Sweet. Ill probably bring it by then, since I cant seem to figure it out. Its a 97 Kx 125 that was supposedly rebuilt. While riding after a few minutes it just cuts off. Runs very strong until then. No sputtering, not sluggish, etc. Just flat out dies and wont start for a good few minutes. After a couple times and nothing I tried helped. i gave up for now, it wont even fire up. The only thing I can think is the powervalve thing.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:06 AM
hatrs make me famous

Originally Posted by Abysalone
Sweet. Ill probably bring it by then, since I cant seem to figure it out. Its a 97 Kx 125 that was supposedly rebuilt. While riding after a few minutes it just cuts off. Runs very strong until then. No sputtering, not sluggish, etc. Just flat out dies and wont start for a good few minutes. After a couple times and nothing I tried helped. i gave up for now, it wont even fire up. The only thing I can think is the powervalve thing.
make sure the gas tank vent isn't clogged. should be in the gas cap i believe. sounds like it may be blocked, and after a few minutes, it builds a vacuum in the tank, which cuts the fuel flow. after letting it sit for a few, the vacum disipates, and the fuel will flow again.

just something to check before you go having the carb cracked open. i see it happen alot. put a fresh plug in it too.
Old 04-12-2006, 04:01 PM
Fighterer

Well, after the fresh plug, and removing the check valve it still wont start. Im definately getting spark, I held it and kicked and it whopped me good lol, so spark is definately there. I was told the motor was rebuilt with only around 5 hours on it. I will probably call you tomorrow and see what we can work out. Thanks alot for your advice man.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:12 PM
hatrs make me famous

no problem. has it been sitting any length of time? may just need a carb service.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:54 PM
Fighterer

Im not sure if the carb was done with the motor, but I do remember fuel coming from the bowl drain tube once the bike cut off and I stopped. I figured maybe the float is stuck or something. After it stopped draining it would eventually start and do the same thing, usually when WOT in 4-5-6 gear. After cutting off 4-5 times I gave up since it wouldnt start and just cleaned her up. Before all of this it would start with the first kick.
The kid also said he ran race gas, and I think he said a ported head. Would running 93 or 89 in it cause this?

As for sitting I dont think it sat long, it ran very strong wjile it did run, and

I just bought this bike and another roller frame with motor. The owner really didnt know alot about them considering they are 3-5 years older than he said, and I had alot of work to put everything where it goes and line stuff up etc. Such as the radiators, electrics, cables, tires. Really needs brake pads front and rear. I shoulded have offered a little less but oh well. Atleast the wife said she would ride the other once its running.
Even if I get it running I still need to see you about rebuilding some forks, a shock, new chain and sprocket, and a new air filter. Possibly the other engine if you do that. Thanks again man.

Last edited by Abysalone; 04-12-2006 at 10:02 PM.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:36 AM
hatrs make me famous

not a problem. swing it by the shop, we'll take care of ya.