Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Local bike shops!

Old 08-30-2004, 02:05 PM
In the Head

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Way2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these parts
Default Local bike shops!

Trying to find a few local bike shops! I think i convinced myself i need one... Just gotta convince the wife, Maybe a shop that sells used ones? im not to sure what i want exactly was eyeballing the GSXR 750! I wanna get it from a dealer so i can finance it! Thanks in advance.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:07 PM
In the Head

Way2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Local bike shops!

Oh can be in Va beach, Ches., N.N., area. Or if worth it maybe somewhere within 80 miles of chesapeake!
Old 08-30-2004, 05:02 PM
2004 Danceoff Champ

Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy

I bought my bike at Casey Cycle City in Newport News and had no problems. And they do sell used bikes there.
Old 08-30-2004, 05:05 PM
Custom User Title

mnchvgs79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Stay away from Cycle World on the blvd. Bought my Jetski there, shady bastards
Old 08-30-2004, 06:51 PM

atomic concepts is an unknown quantity at this point

sport cycle center
Old 08-31-2004, 07:08 AM
Registered Member

xshanex has disabled reputation

first bike or what? Kind of a waste to get a new bike if it is.

as for shops most of them suck around here to be honest. Casey and Sunrise both have screwed over myself or someone I know badly. Honda of Norfolk is decent as well as Redline in Y-town and Sport cycle center. Whatever you do don't ever pay freight, prep, market adjustment or setup charges as thats something the dealer makes up to make more $. Figure that you should pay MSRP out the door including tax title tags. Most places won't even sell you the bike for MSRP for that price though and they'll send you packing because there's enough people that are ignorant and will pay what the dealership's asking

You don't want dealer financing either as their main way of financing people is using the Yamaha or Honda credit card for financing. Outrageous interest rates to say the least.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:18 AM
2004 Danceoff Champ

Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy

I bought my first bike brand new and don't really see a problem with that. As for Casey, I've heard nothing but good things about them. Sunrise on the other hand, I've heard some bad stuff from them. I went on the internet and found the dealer's price for the bike that I was looking for and went in to Casey and showed the guy the paper. The price was around $750 less than the MSRP. So, out the door, I got the bike and a $300 HJC helmet for a little less than MSRP. And I financed through Honda for 3 years at 2.9% so I don't know what outrageous rates you are referring to but maybe you just have really bad credit.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:35 AM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

Originally Posted by Tonka Toy
I bought my first bike brand new and don't really see a problem with that. As for Casey, I've heard nothing but good things about them. Sunrise on the other hand, I've heard some bad stuff from them. I went on the internet and found the dealer's price for the bike that I was looking for and went in to Casey and showed the guy the paper. The price was around $750 less than the MSRP. So, out the door, I got the bike and a $300 HJC helmet for a little less than MSRP. And I financed through Honda for 3 years at 2.9% so I don't know what outrageous rates you are referring to but maybe you just have really bad credit.
What he is saying is you better have it paid off in those 3 years, otherwise you'll be looking at a crazy interest rate. They get you with those Pay $15 bucks a month bs. I didnt buy new though, so I wouldnt know too much about it, just what Sunrise told me, they were decent there. I dont talk to bike salemen at casey
Old 08-31-2004, 08:42 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

suzuki is offering 99$ a month on any bike for 60 months, thats your minimum payment so you can pay 2,000$ a month if you want with no penatly, but if you have a bad month and are low on money all your required to pay is 99$... but now if you don't pay it off in 60 months then the interest rates go up obviously... but you could check us out, can't gaurentee we'll be any cheaper but worst thing they can do is give you a quote

Ken's Cycle 804-737-8333
Old 08-31-2004, 06:06 PM
Registered Member

xshanex has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Tonka Toy

why sunrise sucks http://www.geocities.com/skiv_here/sunrise_review.html

one of the reasons Casey sucks for the most part "Loe the sig about Sunrise Cycles! I too went there for some help, and almost got laughed out of the building...same with Casey...sometimes it just pays to go elsewhere and avoid the hassles of the local guys!" (girl who got laughed at and who couldn't get help from them) she also had a huge writeup on another forum when they wouldn't do warranty work on her bike because she didn't buy it there. I went to CCC and often wouldn't get helped at all on the sales floor until I met Kevin who helped me out. I went in there with cash in hand 3 times to buy a bike but I wouldn't pay for prep on new or wouldn't pay more than 10% over book on a used bike so I also walked 3 times. I finally bought a mismarked used bike from them though but only from Kevin as the rest of the guys were dicks to me. They were known for screwing people on base who didn't know any better. While the one lady in the parts department is cool almost all their gear is for sale.......above msrp.

Quick Reply: Local bike shops!