Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Motorcycle Loan

Old 06-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
layz has disabled reputation
Default Re: Motorcycle Loan

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
your Buell gets 73mph? Although I know what you're TRYING to say, I'm still going to be a dick and call it slow. 73 miles per hour is not that fast.

On the other hand, since you're trying to say miles per GALLON, I have to raise the BS flag until I see proof of 73 mpG.
it actually is slow, whats your point? no it doesn't do 73 mph max but it only does 95 mph max, which is slow, wooooo i'm sad that my bike for cruising is able to ride at all the legal speeds that i would need it to, man i wanna cry now

and from the buell site
"Fuel Tank

It holds 2.8 gallons of fuel. With the high price of gas and the bike’s unbelievable 72.8 mpg, you don’t have to be a genius to figure out the savings.
"

http://www.buell.com/en_us/bikes/bla.../features.asp# go to innovation and click fuel tank, if you're gonna call bs atleast know what you're talking about, unless you're gonna argue about .2 mpg

edit: oh and before anyone asks, you can actually get the 73 mpg its not just the manufacturer claiming 73 then you get like 60, of course its not 73 bouncing the bike off the rev limiter the whole time, but i've gone out cruising and got right at 70-71 mpg, single cylinder bike, 5th gear, 60 mph - easy to see why its good on gas

Last edited by layz; 06-08-2007 at 05:31 PM.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zx636skiv is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Motorcycle Loan

Ok, the easy one first...the Blast might actually get close to 70 mpg....I know my old EX500 got damn close to it (around 65-68) and I dogged the hell out of it. My '91 ZX6 got around 45-50 depending how hard I rode her. Unfortunatly, my '03 636 only gets around 35 mpg...still better than the 12 mpg my truck gets!!!

I would have to agree with the majority here...I made that mistake with my '91. I needed a vehicle and it came down to a bone stock (didn't even have a rear bumper) 4 speed S-10 or the bike. I chose the bike. I got it for a nice $5K which was awesome back then (1993), but I got 29.5% interest. In the 2 1/2 years it took me to pay it off, I actually paid back over $10K for the total!!

My advise is buy something for less than $1K, something you can pay off all at once or over a couple payments to a friend. Get a bank account and take out a secured loan. For example, you get a $300 loan that you give the bank $300 to hold. You never use that money other than to pay back the loan. Then you get a loan using your bike for say $500. Pay that one off the same way...on time, every time. Then you can usually get a signature loan...do the same thing. It takes some time, but doing this will build up your credit. Unfortunatly for me, I had to wait until I was in my 30s to realize the errors I made, and am only now recovering from it. I have been able to get several loans for vehicles and such on just a signature from my bank...and Chartway isn't known for giving out loans to just anyone.

But good luck on the bike...and your credit!