Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Any one else into cruisers?

Old 06-04-2007, 05:13 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jakers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any one else into cruisers?

I have ridden sport bikes and I have ridden cruisers. I love the performance of a sportbike but I love the simple ride of a cruiser. Lately I have ridden a harley Night train 1450cc and a Harley Night Rod. Both very fast on the throttle and probally keep up with an R6. Anyhow, I have been looking for something sport/cruiser. I think I am either going to look at the Yamaha Vmax or a Suzuki Boulevard M109R. I have ridden a boulevard but it was a 850cc (old man) cruiser. Fun to drive but it dosen't do it for me. Both are suppose to be pretty good on the throttle and are little more sportier than regular cruisers.

Suzuki Boulevard M109R

Yamaha Vmax

Here's a bigger pic of the Vmax (i like it minus the windshield)

Better shot of the Boulevard
Old 06-04-2007, 06:00 AM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation
Default Re: Any one else into cruisers?

i love v-max's. not so much in stock form, as they handle like crap, but the motors are NUTS. there's so much aftermarket availability for the max, you can find ANYTHING you could ever want. check out some streetfighter websites and you'll find all sorts of carzy v-max's. frame braces, r1 forks/brakes, and new shocks, and it'll clean up the handling alot.

haven't ridden an m109 yet, but i heard they're pretty nice bikes. i'm not fond of the styling though. looks too "swoopy", to aerodynamic, for my tastes, but that's personal preference.

might look into the yamaha road star warrior too. i've put some miles on one, and i was really impressed with how well they ride. they're kind of a cross breed of cruiser styling with sportbike suspension and brakes. i little more gorund clearance that an m109. you can really do some corner carving on one of them if you wanted to. not gonna keep up with a sportbike in the twisties, but it's alot more capable than alot of other cruisers i've ridden.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:54 AM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

i want one. a honda cruiser though, but those like bad ass
Old 06-04-2007, 03:30 PM
Registered Member

Mr109 has disabled reputation

I am a fan of the 109 Great bike!
Old 06-04-2007, 04:14 PM
CLUTCH IT UP

Armenian has disabled reputation

I'll get a cruiser when i collect social security.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:27 PM
Registered Member

Jongo Jongo Jongo Jongo Jongo Jongo Jongo Jongo Jongo Jongo Jongo

A buddy of mine has a busa and a m109. I dunno his forum name, but I'll let him know about this thread so maybe he can give you his $0.02. I do know that he loves the boulevard.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:30 PM
beautiful struggle

Quentin has disabled reputation

IDK cruiser rub me the wrong way. I'll prolly go the sport/touring route when I get older, couldnt see myself on a hog...
Old 06-04-2007, 08:56 PM
Registered Member

gilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these parts

i dont care for a vast majority of harley types.jap cruizers rock though!!!!
Old 06-04-2007, 11:23 PM

zx636skiv is on a distinguished road

The only Harley I would concider would be the Buell!! Ok, maybe the V-Rod if I am going with the power cruiser type...just too damn expensive for what you get!

I used to say I would buy a Kawi Mean Streak, but not real big on it's styling anymore.

Oh hell, who am I kidding...the only reason I would want a cruiser anyway, is so I can put a trailer behind it and put my streetbike on that!!
Old 06-05-2007, 08:39 AM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

nothing wrong with a cruiser, i just tend to drift towards the stripped down bobbers and whatnot, like...

it's just a different kind of ride. i still love to the whole sportbike "go fast" thing, but it's nice to just cruise around sometimes and just enjoy the ride without having to feel like you need to do 100+mph everywhere you go. i also really dig riding bikes with lots of character, which 99.9% of the sportbikes out there are lacking. there's alot more originality in the cruiser/chopper/custom scene than there is in the sportbike world. you can only look at so many flashy painted, stretched, lowered, fat tired sportbikes before they all kind of start to blend together. although i will admit that the american custom scene is the same way. i like the homegrown stuff.

Quick Reply: Any one else into cruisers?