Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Motorcycle Loan

Old 06-07-2007, 08:21 AM
Zombies found Waldo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie
Default Motorcycle Loan

Hey guys. I am trying to get a bike loan. But I dont know where to go. I have horrible credit but my sister (with excellent credit) is going to co-sign. Does anyone know where I can get one? I am looking for a used bike. So i dont have to get full coverage insurance. and something 2000 or older since my insurance is so high. Any help would really be appreciated.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:24 AM
go topless.

BillMW has disabled reputation
Default Re: Motorcycle Loan

http://www.badcreditalliance.com/v_motorcycle.shtml

Good luck with the interest rate....hope this helps...
Old 06-07-2007, 08:30 AM
Zombies found Waldo

buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie

do you know that this works or this just something you found on the internet. Either way. thank you.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:39 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

I hate to sound like a parent, but if your credit is that bad then maybe you should use your money to take steps to repair your credit.. Ultimately, your credit and your insurance are probably in the same boat because of the same general reasons. Your credit has an impact on your insurance, for example. The worse your credit is, the less responsible you look to your insurance company. That takes a toll on your insurance premium!

Get your life straightened out, and then consider getting a motorcycle when you don't have to use a family member as a crutch. Again, I'm not trying to lecture you, but you're probably getting a motorcycle for the wrong reasons and have a few insignificant reasons that you're using to justify putting yourself in this situation. Let me guess... Better gas mileage, cheaper fill-ups, etc? Been there, and done that. I used those excuses. In all actuality, a motorcycle is (although economical) a toy. It's a toy that you have to have a lot of respect for, but it's still a toy. It's something you don't "have to" have.

Hope that gives you some insight. Ultimately I know you're going to do it anyway, but I just don't think you understand what you're getting yourself into. If you're paying high interest, why not wait a while?
Old 06-07-2007, 08:44 AM
go topless.

BillMW has disabled reputation

Doesn't matter what you do or what works: Bad credit + co signer = higher risk loan = Higher interest rate. I expect you have your + your sister's current FICO scores; call around and see what quotes you get for interest rates/monthly payments...
Old 06-07-2007, 08:45 AM
Zombies found Waldo

Yeah I hear ya man. And thats good advice. But I drive a V8 and the gas is killing me. 70 mpg has a very nice ring to it.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:49 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by buugiewuugie
Yeah I hear ya man. And thats good advice. But I drive a V8 and the gas is killing me. 70 mpg has a very nice ring to it.
What are you planning on getting? A scooter???
Old 06-07-2007, 10:09 AM
Registered Member

SpoolnSRT4 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
I hate to sound like a parent, but if your credit is that bad then maybe you should use your money to take steps to repair your credit.. Ultimately, your credit and your insurance are probably in the same boat because of the same general reasons. Your credit has an impact on your insurance, for example. The worse your credit is, the less responsible you look to your insurance company. That takes a toll on your insurance premium!

Get your life straightened out, and then consider getting a motorcycle when you don't have to use a family member as a crutch. Again, I'm not trying to lecture you, but you're probably getting a motorcycle for the wrong reasons and have a few insignificant reasons that you're using to justify putting yourself in this situation. Let me guess... Better gas mileage, cheaper fill-ups, etc? Been there, and done that. I used those excuses. In all actuality, a motorcycle is (although economical) a toy. It's a toy that you have to have a lot of respect for, but it's still a toy. It's something you don't "have to" have.

Hope that gives you some insight. Ultimately I know you're going to do it anyway, but I just don't think you understand what you're getting yourself into. If you're paying high interest, why not wait a while?

Excellent advice !
Old 06-07-2007, 10:29 AM
Registered Member

tundrafiend01 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work

+1

Something else I would suggest is save your money and get a cheap beginner bike. I'd hate to see you go in debt for X years, total the bike, and then have to pay off something you can't ride.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:52 AM
aka GSXR

Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy

get a bank account, get a credit card, and get a cell phone.
Pay off the cell phone bill every month with the credit card, and have the credit card automatically paid off by your bank account. or get a couple credit cards and have them pay each other off, lol.

Back on topic. Apple Federal Credit Union has the best rates out there right now for motorcycle loans, that I have seen, and Navy Federal ain't bad either.

oh and btw, GET THEFT PROTECTION NO MATTER WHAT!! no matter how safe your neighborhood.

Quick Reply: Motorcycle Loan