Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

How many of you have gotten into a serious accident?

Old 05-21-2007, 10:17 PM
LaShawn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom
Default Re: How many of you have gotten into a serious accident?

Highways are easiest to ride on.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:19 PM
Filipino since 1987

FlipSquad has disabled reputation

main thing to remember is, even if your super mc spider man on a bike, doesnt mean grandma in her Buick or Crown Vic wont hit your ass or pull out in front of you on a quiet sunday afternoon ride.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:20 PM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320
My only street crash wasn't exactly my fault, but was because of who I was riding with which you can control. A guy was doing a wheelie behind me, and looped it as he came past me, his bike ended up in front of mine before I could do anything and I launched over it and went over the front, I had on excellent gear and only injury was breaking my rotator cuff in my shoulder, doctor said no riding for a few months but less than a week later I was taking off the sling to ride a friend's bike. It hurt but it wasn't like unbelievble pain or anything but there was a moment when I was laying on the pavement that I thought of what if it had been worse and questioned if this is what I wanted to do or not, but that went away quickly. I've crashed on the race track but again that was no big deal, no injuries I was back riding the following session.
Wow. No surgery or anything? I tore my rotator cuff and I was in the most pain I have ever been in my life. I had surgery in Jan and I am still going through physical therapy and experiencing some pain.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:26 AM
CLUTCH IT UP

Armenian has disabled reputation

Worst I ever got was a T8 Burst Fracture (Broken Back). I'm luck to still be walking. Unbelieveably painful and I lost an inch or two in height. I find that when I try to avoid crashing, I crash. So I try to make crashing as fun as possible.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:50 AM
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom

Originally Posted by Armenian
Worst I ever got was a T8 Burst Fracture (Broken Back). I'm luck to still be walking. Unbelieveably painful and I lost an inch or two in height. I find that when I try to avoid crashing, I crash. So I try to make crashing as fun as possible.
And maybe one day we can all be in a magazine like you!!
Old 05-22-2007, 06:40 AM
go topless.

BillMW has disabled reputation

What's gonna happen is gonna happen...no matter what precautions you take. The only thing you can do is to decide how much you want to put yourself into harm's way. Doesn't have to do with how cautious you are...it's just that the odds are higher when you ride. Or anything else you do.....like walking down the sidewalk or tenting in a lightning storm....or joining the rodeo....
Old 05-22-2007, 07:05 AM
misunderestimated

Yamamaha has disabled reputation

Basically to the guy who started this thread...

You are asking worst case scenario's which could possibly happen to anyone at any time. I mean, you could be driving your car one day - la la la, *WHAM* from nowhere a dumptruck runs your ass over. I mean, to basically say it, shit happens. I was with a guy the other day riding and he wrecked into a ditch and got flown out into the street. Thank god a car wasnt coming in the other direction, cuz that would have been the end of him, but since it wasnt a heavily traveled road, he got up with a skinned knee and some marks on his hands. He was wearing a mesh jacket with gloves and jeans. Got back on the bike and rode it home. I would have to say he probably wrecked around 40+ mph. Ya, he will need to buy another helmet, but as long as you are wearing your gear, you shouldnt get hurt bad at all. I will almost guarentee that if you do fall off, you will get at least some bruises.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:57 AM
Registered Member

NoRider has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Armenian

how the hell did that happen? Thats a really serious injury.