Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Buell Blast, yay or nay?

Old 03-01-2007, 11:07 AM
beautiful struggle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quentin has disabled reputation
Default Buell Blast, yay or nay?

I've been searching for a beginner bike for a while now. The Blast and the Ninja 250 are quite plentifull, I dont want a 250, but idk about the blast. I think all the reviews i read said they are ok but they seem pus*y to me. You think I should get one and just use it for a year or 2. I would much rather have an older bandit, seca, or a ninja 500. But I can't find too many or they are out of my price range. My budget is $2k. Suggestions...
Old 03-01-2007, 11:38 AM
GO GO GODZILLA!

Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto
Default Re: Buell Blast, yay or nay?

dont get a 250 ..you'll out grow it way too fast. get an older cbr like an f2 or f3.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:48 AM
Registered Member

tundrafiend01 is on a distinguished road

To answer your question, I'd pass on the Buell.

I'd recommend the Ninja 500 or Suzuki GS500 for a starter bike. They have plenty of power for street use. They are also lightweight and nimble to learn on. I recently moved up to a CBR F4 from a 500. The F4 is great, but the 500 is a blast to ride.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:12 PM
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom

I will sell you my 91 ninja500 for 1k if you are interested. Ninja 500's are a blast because they can corner like none other. Yes you might lose some in the straight aways, but get the pack of bikes you are with in some twisities and the merit of the 500 will shine through. May I also recommend a gs500 to you or a an older F3.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:23 PM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

what they said... besides you don't want to get an odd bike like a buell for your first bike and have to deal with the little issues they have, finding people that can work on them, finding parts... for your first bike you want something that you can just ride and not worry about it
Old 03-01-2007, 12:51 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

i'm gonna have to agree with the comments made so far, and add one.

i wouldn't wanna ride a 250 or a blast on the interstate. they're just gutless, and if you have to accelerate quickly for whatever reason... your screwed.

i'd go with a 500. both the ninja 500 and the gs500 have a good rep, parts are plentiful and easy to find, and they're stone cold reliable.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:56 PM
Cock of the Infinite

tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240

DONT GET A BUELL!
Old 03-01-2007, 11:04 PM
PandaMania

BigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these parts

buells are a piece of shit. Atleast thats what i think. I mean you go to the harley dealer and everyone of em has cardboard under them because they leak oil from the factory. Ive heard a lot of stories from my dad, an insurance agent, from customers saying they break down on them all the time and shit like that. I beleive the resale value is shit on them too. Unless you can find a sucker. Id save up some cash if I was you and get something youll keep for a while. If ya get a 250 youll like it for maybe a month and then want to step up for somthing bigger, There are deals out there but you just got to look. Not really the best time since its gonna start getting warm and people are gonna jack prices up on bikes.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:57 PM
Registered Member

Alwayslast is an unknown quantity at this point

same as above post.

reliability is an issue with Buells
Old 03-02-2007, 06:16 AM
beautiful struggle

Quentin has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by djgrom
I will sell you my 91 ninja500 for 1k if you are interested. Ninja 500's are a blast because they can corner like none other. Yes you might lose some in the straight aways, but get the pack of bikes you are with in some twisities and the merit of the 500 will shine through. May I also recommend a gs500 to you or a an older F3.
You got a pic of the bike and condition info.?

Alright thanks, I never plan on getting a 250. And now a blast is out the picture. This guy has a 92' Yamaha Seca for sale in Philly for $1500 you think thats a good deal? It kinda old though.

Quick Reply: Buell Blast, yay or nay?