VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Cycle Corner (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/cycle-corner-41/)
-   -   Buell Blast, yay or nay? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/cycle-corner-41/buell-blast-yay-nay-177904/)

Quentin 03-01-2007 11:07 AM

Buell Blast, yay or nay?

I've been searching for a beginner bike for a while now. The Blast and the Ninja 250 are quite plentifull, I dont want a 250, but idk about the blast. I think all the reviews i read said they are ok but they seem pus*y to me. You think I should get one and just use it for a year or 2. I would much rather have an older bandit, seca, or a ninja 500. But I can't find too many or they are out of my price range. My budget is $2k. Suggestions...

Excel Auto 03-01-2007 11:38 AM

Re: Buell Blast, yay or nay?

dont get a 250 ..you'll out grow it way too fast. get an older cbr like an f2 or f3.

tundrafiend01 03-01-2007 11:48 AM

To answer your question, I'd pass on the Buell.

I'd recommend the Ninja 500 or Suzuki GS500 for a starter bike. They have plenty of power for street use. They are also lightweight and nimble to learn on. I recently moved up to a CBR F4 from a 500. The F4 is great, but the 500 is a blast to ride.

djgrom 03-01-2007 12:12 PM

I will sell you my 91 ninja500 for 1k if you are interested. Ninja 500's are a blast because they can corner like none other. Yes you might lose some in the straight aways, but get the pack of bikes you are with in some twisities and the merit of the 500 will shine through. May I also recommend a gs500 to you or a an older F3.

Del La Sol 1320 03-01-2007 12:23 PM

what they said... besides you don't want to get an odd bike like a buell for your first bike and have to deal with the little issues they have, finding people that can work on them, finding parts... for your first bike you want something that you can just ride and not worry about it

skr00zloose 03-01-2007 12:51 PM

i'm gonna have to agree with the comments made so far, and add one.

i wouldn't wanna ride a 250 or a blast on the interstate. they're just gutless, and if you have to accelerate quickly for whatever reason... your screwed.

i'd go with a 500. both the ninja 500 and the gs500 have a good rep, parts are plentiful and easy to find, and they're stone cold reliable.

tiki240 03-01-2007 12:56 PM

DONT GET A BUELL!

BigHead Ted 03-01-2007 11:04 PM

buells are a piece of shit. Atleast thats what i think. I mean you go to the harley dealer and everyone of em has cardboard under them because they leak oil from the factory. Ive heard a lot of stories from my dad, an insurance agent, from customers saying they break down on them all the time and shit like that. I beleive the resale value is shit on them too. Unless you can find a sucker. Id save up some cash if I was you and get something youll keep for a while. If ya get a 250 youll like it for maybe a month and then want to step up for somthing bigger, There are deals out there but you just got to look. Not really the best time since its gonna start getting warm and people are gonna jack prices up on bikes.

Alwayslast 03-01-2007 11:57 PM

same as above post.

reliability is an issue with Buells

Quentin 03-02-2007 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by djgrom (Post 2874268)
I will sell you my 91 ninja500 for 1k if you are interested. Ninja 500's are a blast because they can corner like none other. Yes you might lose some in the straight aways, but get the pack of bikes you are with in some twisities and the merit of the 500 will shine through. May I also recommend a gs500 to you or a an older F3.

You got a pic of the bike and condition info.?

Alright thanks, I never plan on getting a 250. And now a blast is out the picture. This guy has a 92' Yamaha Seca for sale in Philly for $1500 you think thats a good deal? It kinda old though.