Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Shipping?

Old 05-11-2005, 04:34 PM
TERMIN8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ThroatyStang has disabled reputation
Default Shipping?

Hey guys I was wondering how much it should cost me to get a whole 8.8 Rear End Assembely shipped from St. Louis to RVA, Freight? I was thinking it might cost me around $150 in shipping, reason being thats how much I paid for a 4 piece Saleen body kit to be shipped from So Cal to RVA (To a Business).
Old 05-11-2005, 04:39 PM
Registered Member

Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R
Default Re: Shipping?

I had bought another motor for my car from a place in Ohio and had it shipped to a business address for $175. The motor was shipped freight and weighed like 400 lbs i think.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:43 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

I had a transmission shipped for $125 from California to Roanoke
Old 05-11-2005, 04:55 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

The price will be largely determined by your delivery point. You stated a business, but if shipped by truck freight they may ask if you have a loading dock or another method to get it off the back of a truck to quote you an accurate price. If the shipper has a local pickup location or distribution point, may be able to save some loot there as well instead of having it delivered to your business.

Pick a shipper local to St. Louis. Does the seller recommend one or have past shipments involving a "preferred" carrier? Am sure they will be able to recommend one as they've probably send many items by truck freight. The item will be most likely shipped on a pallet (may have to pay the seller to strap it to a pallet), just like an engine or a transmission. No biggie there.

Try FreightQuote.com to get shipping rates from all of the major carriers. ...and don't cheap out on the insurance coverage offered.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:52 PM
TERMIN8

ThroatyStang has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Not Stock
The price will be largely determined by your delivery point. You stated a business, but if shipped by truck freight they may ask if you have a loading dock or another method to get it off the back of a truck to quote you an accurate price. If the shipper has a local pickup location or distribution point, may be able to save some loot there as well instead of having it delivered to your business.

Pick a shipper local to St. Louis. Does the seller recommend one or have past shipments involving a "preferred" carrier? Am sure they will be able to recommend one as they've probably send many items by truck freight. The item will be most likely shipped on a pallet (may have to pay the seller to strap it to a pallet), just like an engine or a transmission. No biggie there.

Try FreightQuote.com to get shipping rates from all of the major carriers. ...and don't cheap out on the insurance coverage offered.
Thank you
Old 05-12-2005, 07:09 AM
WHAT NITROUS

5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts

I shipped a 10 bolt out through ups it was around 100 bucks all together. I shipped the axles out in a seperate box and the housing/gears/tubes as is. I pulled the axles so it would meet the weight req. the destination was texas.