VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Central VA (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/central-va-15/)
-   -   Shipping? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/central-va-15/shipping-93732/)

ThroatyStang 05-11-2005 04:34 PM

Shipping?

Hey guys I was wondering how much it should cost me to get a whole 8.8 Rear End Assembely shipped from St. Louis to RVA, Freight? I was thinking it might cost me around $150 in shipping, reason being thats how much I paid for a 4 piece Saleen body kit to be shipped from So Cal to RVA (To a Business).

Jason R 05-11-2005 04:39 PM

Re: Shipping?

I had bought another motor for my car from a place in Ohio and had it shipped to a business address for $175. The motor was shipped freight and weighed like 400 lbs i think.

VanillaThrilla 05-11-2005 04:43 PM

I had a transmission shipped for $125 from California to Roanoke

Computer_Nerd 05-11-2005 04:55 PM

The price will be largely determined by your delivery point. You stated a business, but if shipped by truck freight they may ask if you have a loading dock or another method to get it off the back of a truck to quote you an accurate price. If the shipper has a local pickup location or distribution point, may be able to save some loot there as well instead of having it delivered to your business.

Pick a shipper local to St. Louis. Does the seller recommend one or have past shipments involving a "preferred" carrier? Am sure they will be able to recommend one as they've probably send many items by truck freight. The item will be most likely shipped on a pallet (may have to pay the seller to strap it to a pallet), just like an engine or a transmission. No biggie there.

Try FreightQuote.com to get shipping rates from all of the major carriers. :thup: ...and don't cheap out on the insurance coverage offered.

ThroatyStang 05-11-2005 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Not Stock
The price will be largely determined by your delivery point. You stated a business, but if shipped by truck freight they may ask if you have a loading dock or another method to get it off the back of a truck to quote you an accurate price. If the shipper has a local pickup location or distribution point, may be able to save some loot there as well instead of having it delivered to your business.

Pick a shipper local to St. Louis. Does the seller recommend one or have past shipments involving a "preferred" carrier? Am sure they will be able to recommend one as they've probably send many items by truck freight. The item will be most likely shipped on a pallet (may have to pay the seller to strap it to a pallet), just like an engine or a transmission. No biggie there.

Try FreightQuote.com to get shipping rates from all of the major carriers. :thup: ...and don't cheap out on the insurance coverage offered.

Thank you :)

5177 05-12-2005 07:09 AM

I shipped a 10 bolt out through ups it was around 100 bucks all together. I shipped the axles out in a seperate box and the housing/gears/tubes as is. I pulled the axles so it would meet the weight req. the destination was texas.