Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Scammed On Ebay!!!

Old 07-03-2004, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P DUB has disabled reputation
Default Scammed On Ebay!!!

LOL! I cant believe I was scammed on eBay last week. I purchased a Wayne Gretzky PSA 9 rookie card, gave the guy a 900.00 deposit western union for him to end the auction. I found out the next day that he stole the picture of the card from another mans web site and claimed that it was his! Anyways expensive learning lesson but learning lesson it was indeed! My sister and I are currently putting together a lawsuit since I have the mans address and phone number...sucks that he lives in Philly but my sister will go their on my behalf! Im very glad I just gave him a deposit and not all the money!

Lesson for the day: Know who you are sending money to, and if you eBay, be careful!!!
Old 07-03-2004, 02:56 PM

P DUB has disabled reputation
Default Re: Scammed On Ebay!!!

And I want to thank Rich and Alan for all their help tracking this guy down!!!

thanks guys!!
Old 07-04-2004, 09:39 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: Scammed On Ebay!!!

When you file the lawsuit in District Court (for Henrico County, it's on Parham Rd) don't forget to pad the amount to collect with fees necessary to collect. This includes all court fees and collection agency fees (typically about 20% of amount).

Hope the neighbor was helpful.

The guy you are looking for lives within a 3 block radius and is able to watch the mailbox of the old lady who lives at the address you were given. Contact the neighbor again and ask him if he's seen anyone scoping out the house or picking up the mail.

Yes, it's quite scary what I can find out online. The guy who ripped me off on eBay got it bad. Think of what happened in the movie "Changing Lanes".