Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Quick advice please

Old 06-08-2008, 07:46 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VaFlow has disabled reputation
Default Quick advice please

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a shop or someone who does valve adjustments. They are starting to make a little noise and I'm sure its never been performed before. I changed the oil this morning and switched from a 5w-30 to a 10w-30 just to see if that would help. It quieted down a little ,but I figure better safe then sorry. I have a 89 prelude si with the B20a5 I believe. I checked the shop stickies but wanted some personal recommendations. I would also like the chance to watch how its done, so that next time I'll be able to do it myself. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

...if you don't work in a shop and would like to make some extra money on the side that's cool.... you just have to have a reference or be well known around here or something. Just so I can know that you know what you are doing

Thanks in advance everyone

Last edited by VaFlow; 06-08-2008 at 08:07 AM.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:47 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow
Default Re: Quick advice please

How about checking the fucking god damn sticky at the top of this section called Official Shop list.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:54 AM
Registered Member

How about reading the entire post. I said I did check the sticky. I said I was looking for personal recommendations. Its not difficult to figure out.....

reading IS fundamental.....

Have a great day
Old 06-08-2008, 07:57 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Nice edit. Why was it after my post?
Old 06-08-2008, 08:05 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Woodrow
Nice edit. Why was it after my post?
whatever man, I edited earlier to correct punctuation and tense. I apologize for proof reading

I'm not here to win an argument I'm just looking for advice. But, I thank you for your comment and I will be sure to make my posts clearer in the future.

Thanks for your help.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:08 AM
Slow as Shit

I'm not either. Some of us are tired of the same questions about whats a good shop. That list was compiled for a reason. Better yet do a search. There are a few threads even in this very section that talk about who has a reputable shop. Search button is your friend.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:16 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Woodrow
I'm not either. Some of us are tired of the same questions about whats a good shop. That list was compiled for a reason. Better yet do a search. There are a few threads even in this very section that talk about who has a reputable shop. Search button is your friend.

I totally understand your point. I did search and look at the sticky. And I do understand that you guys do get sick of newbs coming in and being utter retards...especially lately. I've been looking through the old threads since 8 this morning. Looking for anything that could help me. I truly didn't see anything.

If there is something there and I missed it, then I would like to apologize in advance for wasting everyone's time.

I will look else where for help.

but fyi...... all of us newbs are NOT retards and do not deserve to be treated with hostility.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:21 AM
Slow as Shit

You haven't seen hostility.

Here is a thread that has some info on what shop to avoid and they recommend others
https://www.vadriven.com/forums/central-va-15/redline-customs-screwed-me-238986/

Another in the vendor reviews w/ similarities
https://www.vadriven.com/forums/vendor-reviews-57/driskill-runs-good-shop-222531/

That took me under 45 seconds.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:08 AM

D-Rizzle has disabled reputation

You can either check out the shop list and get some price quotes, or I know a guy who does great work and is a tech for Mazda. I could ask him how much he would charge if you would like me to.