Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Redline Customs Screwed Me!

Old 05-25-2008, 08:49 AM
Nasty Civic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CiviCboy90 has disabled reputation
Exclamation Redline Customs Screwed Me!

Whats up,

I'm here to warn everyone who is thinking about having work done to their ride at Redline Customs to NOT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!
Ricky at redline put a B16 in my 90 civic and now I'm having problems. Sometimes when you start the car it will cut right back off, and continually do it until you start it and give it gas. Also he put butt connectors on every wire that he had to cut (instead of doing it the right way). He also didn't even mount my intake so that was just hanging on by the clamp, and he left loose wires hanging dangerously close to my cooling fan ( just waiting to get caught up and ripped out) he also left wire looms hanging not even a inch away from the alternator belt ( once again just waiting to get wrapped up and ripped out). And he installed a tach that doesn't work properly and still charged me! Also my check engine light keeps popping on.

Any one who had a bad experience with I would greatly appreciate it if you could e-mail me at smithlatney@yahoo.com with what happened and a contact number because I plan on taking him to court to get my money for all labor charges. Once again if you had any type of bad transaction with him please contact me! And anyone who's thinking about doing business with DO NOT DO IT GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2008, 08:58 AM
RVA

C16 BigT is infamous around these partsC16 BigT is infamous around these partsC16 BigT is infamous around these partsC16 BigT is infamous around these partsC16 BigT is infamous around these partsC16 BigT is infamous around these partsC16 BigT is infamous around these partsC16 BigT is infamous around these partsC16 BigT is infamous around these partsC16 BigT is infamous around these partsC16 BigT is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Redline Customs Screwed Me!

Dayum!
Old 05-25-2008, 09:02 AM
Registered member

WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E

Thats why you should have took your ass to dan driskill and got it done right the first time. Im glad I dont have to worry about bs like this with my car, especially after dropping money on a motor swap.

Edit:

If you really plan on taking them to court. Go to Dan and get everything on your car fixed, and he will tell you exactly what they half-assed, and get it written in the form of receipts for the stuff you needed to get fixed. That way when you get to court, its not just "he said she said." Because you can show them the receipts for your work from redline customs, and than the receipt from Dan showing all the stuff that wasnt done right.

Last edited by WALL-E; 05-25-2008 at 09:05 AM.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:11 AM
Nasty Civic

CiviCboy90 has disabled reputation

what is this guy Dan's contact info
Old 05-25-2008, 09:12 AM
crème de la crème.

Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy Fizzy

Originally Posted by Wally
Thats why you should have took your ass to dan driskill and got it done right the first time. Im glad I dont have to worry about bs like this with my car, especially after dropping money on a motor swap.

Edit:

If you really plan on taking them to court. Go to Dan and get everything on your car fixed, and he will tell you exactly what they half-assed, and get it written in the form of receipts for the stuff you needed to get fixed. That way when you get to court, its not just "he said she said." Because you can show them the receipts for your work from redline customs, and than the receipt from Dan showing all the stuff that wasnt done right.
Sounds like a good idea. Good luck
Old 05-25-2008, 09:16 AM
Registered member

WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E

pm'd.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:16 AM
Registered Member

Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars Lars

+1 Dan Driskill is a great guy and knows his stuff. thanks for the headsup about redline- make sure to post this (if theres nothing existing about them already) in the vendor reviews section
Old 05-25-2008, 10:59 AM
Body In Trunk.

RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute

cant wait to see what ugly bs redline says in response to this. but dont worry man, your not the only one this has happened to and i have lotsa nice photos of exactly the same sorta thing your talking about.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:18 AM
i <3 my neon

TheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the roughTheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the roughTheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the roughTheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the rough

burn the building down
Old 05-25-2008, 11:21 AM
Works on MBs

BigandSlow is on a distinguished road

You really didn't need to post this in two different sections.

Quick Reply: Redline Customs Screwed Me!