Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Fatal crash resulting from possible street race on 295 sunday. whos got scoop?

Old 03-25-2010, 07:23 AM
Bootlegger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brew engineer has disabled reputation
Default Re: Fatal crash resulting from possible street race on 295 sunday. whos got scoop?

Originally Posted by Mr Exclusive
RIP Phil....thats a tragic loss...its not the face that he was racing its the fact he wasnt wearing his seatbelt...my friend flipped his civic 5 times trying to avoid a deer..he was wearing his seatbelt and came out with a concussion some brusies and a fracture bone in his neck *shrugs*
So he did 2 stupid things: street racing and not wearing a seat belt. It is hard to feel sorry for him, but I do feel bad for his family.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:45 AM
Registered Member

baynedo has disabled reputation
Default Re: Fatal crash resulting from possible street race on 295 sunday. whos got scoop?

Originally Posted by brew engineer
So he did 2 stupid things: street racing and not wearing a seat belt. It is hard to feel sorry for him, but I do feel bad for his family.
Man if this was your friend or family member would you say it would be hard to feel sorry for them.
Those of us that knew Phil, knew he like to race and would not turn one down on the track or on the street. There is a price you must pay, and he paid the ulitmate price! Hell he caused it, but I still feel for the guy. He was the type of guy that befriended anyone he met, example.....when Brauning and him had it out over the S2000, he still would not bash them. As far as street racing im sure everyone in this fourm has done it atleast once so lets not bash him on that, he made a choice and he paid for it case closed. And yeah the seat belt thing was a stupid choice and now we have another example of why we should wear one but none of us are perfect sometimes we forget even in situations where it is of the utmost importance.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:56 AM
Bootlegger

Originally Posted by baynedo
Man if this was your friend or family member would you say it would be hard to feel sorry for them.
Those of us that knew Phil, knew he like to race and would not turn one down on the track or on the street. There is a price you must pay, and he paid the ulitmate price! Hell he caused it, but I still feel for the guy. He was the type of guy that befriended anyone he met, example.....when Brauning and him had it out over the S2000, he still would not bash them. As far as street racing im sure everyone in this fourm has done it atleast once so lets not bash him on that, he made a choice and he paid for it case closed. And yeah the seat belt thing was a stupid choice and now we have another example of why we should wear one but none of us are perfect sometimes we forget even in situations where it is of the utmost importance.
Street racing is stupid. Not wearing a seat belt while street racing is borderline retarded. If this was a friend of mine, I would wish I had been there to slap him in the head and stop him from doing it in the first place. I still would not feel sorry for him. Sure, I have done stupid stuff like street race when I was in high school. Of course, I never did it at 100 mph on a busy highway. The dude was old enough to know better. My condolences go out to his family and I am just glad he didn't kill anyone in the process. You only have one life. If you choose to throw it away for a 5 minute thrill ride, don't expect people to feel sorry for you.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:06 PM
Registered Member

hanlonr9 has disabled reputation

I don't consider weaving in and out of traffic street racing and from a dig that maxima would have left that accord and it would have not been a race. Everyone on this site has been over 100 mph. I did 140 in a ls vtec turbo hatch on 64. He loved cars and he died in something he loved. I still remember riding in the 93 accord after matt tuned it and he rode in my turbo hatch. I don't expect no one that doesn't know him to feel sorry for him but to know that he would help you in anyway he could is a blessing and he finished what he had to on earth and it was his time, just like James from rpm. R.I.P James and Phil, and my prayers go out to everyone that knows both of them.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:27 PM
Registered Member

baynedo has disabled reputation

295 busy!!!!! are you cerial!!!!!!!!!!!! when has anyone been on 295 when it was busy. I agree no seat belt while racing or driving it dumb as hell but I dont believe you havent raced since high school. unless you graduated last summer and you lost your liceanse and have not driven.... then i would believe that statement. Lol "That was a joke"
Old 03-25-2010, 04:43 PM
Registered Member

hanlonr9 has disabled reputation

And not to mention busy on a Sunday.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:38 PM
Registered member

Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2

I don;t really understand how everybody in here can completely talk down about racing but as soon as someone they know does something stupid and dies its alright? The stone cold fact here is that speed limits are in place so this doesn't happen, And to not wear a seatbelt while traveling at speeds that you know are unsafe is just ridiculous. Again this sucks for family and friends but I really cant say I feel sorry for someone making an obviously stupid decision. It seems like people just don't think about the consequences or possible outcomes of their actions anymore. Again, Condolences to friends and family it sucks to lose a loved one...
Old 03-25-2010, 07:53 PM
Bootlegger

Originally Posted by baynedo
295 busy!!!!! are you cerial!!!!!!!!!!!! when has anyone been on 295 when it was busy. I agree no seat belt while racing or driving it dumb as hell but I dont believe you havent raced since high school. unless you graduated last summer and you lost your liceanse and have not driven.... then i would believe that statement. Lol "That was a joke"
How about I matured and keep it on the track. I don't expect you kids to understand that. Once you have a good life and a decent job, you will probably realize that street racing is ignorant and not worth the risk. Besides, most street racers couldn't handle racing on a track. I invite you to join the SCCA and attend an event to prove otherwise. 295 is busy compared to most roads. It is a highway with plenty of traffic. Just because it isn't bumper to bumper does not make things alright.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:21 AM
MINTYR

RC MR2 is infamous around these partsRC MR2 is infamous around these partsRC MR2 is infamous around these partsRC MR2 is infamous around these partsRC MR2 is infamous around these partsRC MR2 is infamous around these partsRC MR2 is infamous around these partsRC MR2 is infamous around these partsRC MR2 is infamous around these partsRC MR2 is infamous around these partsRC MR2 is infamous around these parts

i thnk its crazy of whats been goin on now. now you know that law enforcement will be increasing more. My prayers goes out to the family. I know its hard to lose a love one from this. Tahoe really?
Old 03-26-2010, 06:21 AM
MINTYR

RC MR2 is infamous around these partsRC MR2 is infamous around these partsRC MR2 is infamous around these partsRC MR2 is infamous around these partsRC MR2 is infamous around these partsRC MR2 is infamous around these partsRC MR2 is infamous around these partsRC MR2 is infamous around these partsRC MR2 is infamous around these partsRC MR2 is infamous around these partsRC MR2 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by brew engineer
How about I matured and keep it on the track. I don't expect you kids to understand that. Once you have a good life and a decent job, you will probably realize that street racing is ignorant and not worth the risk. Besides, most street racers couldn't handle racing on a track. I invite you to join the SCCA and attend an event to prove otherwise. 295 is busy compared to most roads. It is a highway with plenty of traffic. Just because it isn't bumper to bumper does not make things alright.
i agree. if you guys want to race take it on the track.

Quick Reply: Fatal crash resulting from possible street race on 295 sunday. whos got scoop?