Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Fatal crash resulting from possible street race on 295 sunday. whos got scoop?

Old 03-22-2010, 12:47 PM
Rockin Red Wheels!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
8urcivic 8urcivic 8urcivic 8urcivic 8urcivic 8urcivic 8urcivic 8urcivic 8urcivic 8urcivic 8urcivic
Default Re: Fatal crash resulting from possible street race on 295 sunday. whos got scoop?

so did his friends just leave him there or are they the ones who called for the trooper?

all in all..regards to family and friends
Old 03-22-2010, 12:57 PM
Registered Member

baynedo has disabled reputation
Default Re: Fatal crash resulting from possible street race on 295 sunday. whos got scoop?

i dont think he was racing anyone he knew. Police are not releasing any info.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:45 PM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

I'm so sad to hear this. Phil was a great guy. My prayers go out to his family.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:00 PM
thermal efficiency

J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS

drove past this before authorities responded... half the car was in the trees smoldering. there were a bunch of drivers that had just pulled over.

my gf and i both said at the same time "how in the shit do you get half a car in the trees?"
Old 03-22-2010, 04:25 PM
Registered Member

RoCdaSoHc has disabled reputation

R.I.P. Phil.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:13 PM
speed racer

DLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these parts

This may be one of my customers , Is this the same phil that had a motorcycle i think it was a cbr 1000 to that hangs with barry from the east end , a older guy?
Old 03-22-2010, 06:55 PM
1-877-TURBOKT

AdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud ofAdrenalineAuto has much to be proud of

R.I.P Phil.. A great customer of ours, had some very tasteful cars. And always a good guy, that had a good sense of humor and just nice to be around. Our prayers go out to his family.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:21 PM
(°____°)

VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom

Originally Posted by IanR
street racing?

Maxima, Black, Hyundai Tiburon, and a dark Chevrolet Tahoe?

does not compute.
fixed

dont know the dude, but sorry to hear
my heart goes to his family and friends
Old 03-22-2010, 07:22 PM
Body In Trunk.

RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute

there is an update to the story on the channel 12 website. the pics are rough.

http://www.nbc12.com/Global/story.asp?S=12186028

RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - We've uncovered new information about a street race in Henrico over the weekend.

Police identified the driver as 41 year old Phillipe Young of Henrico County. He wasn't the owner of the car but we're told by a tow truck driver he was the owner's mechanic. State police say the driver was among three others racing yesterday on Interstate 295 south near Airport Drive.

This is the 1998 Honda Accord found scattered along Interstate 295 Sunday.

"For 30 years and this is the worst looking vehicle that we have ever come across," said Harry Field, owner of Field's Towing.

Field says the man behind the wheel was a mechanic who just installed a new transmission for the car's owner. Skid marks show where the Young veered off the interstate after losing control during a race with three other drivers at speeds over 100 miles per hour.

"From eyewitness accounts the vehicles were in and out of traffic traveling at high rates of speed, cutting off other drivers," said Virginia State Police Sgt. Thomas Molnar.

The Honda overturned several times before hitting a tree and splitting in two. Field says the front half of the car flew beyond the tree line. The other half was 50 feet away closer to the road. Young wasn't wearing a seat belt but became trapped and later died at VCU Medical Center.

Witnesses say the other drivers were in a white Nissan Maxima, black Hyundai Tiburon and dark Chevy Tahoe. Police hope to find them soon. Drivers like Megan Snowa worry about their own lives being put at risk.

"I have a baby so especially if I was like driving around, I'd be frightened for his life," said Snowa.

"If a person has a need to speed, we have race tracks that are set up for that and all they've got to do is put a few dollars up and have the grudge match." said Field.

If you have information that can help state police, call 553-3445. Meantime, Field says he plans to put the wreckage on display for some local students in hopes of raising awareness about road safety.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:10 PM
Shoryuken!

Snoop 95 Snoop 95 Snoop 95 Snoop 95 Snoop 95 Snoop 95 Snoop 95 Snoop 95 Snoop 95 Snoop 95 Snoop 95

Holy shit...

Pip, is this the same guy that had the boosted H22 93 Accord at the old shop over the summer of last year and you guys did an exhaust on his car? If so, man Im so sorry to hear. He was a really cool dude. Older guy, right?

Quick Reply: Fatal crash resulting from possible street race on 295 sunday. whos got scoop?