Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Fatal crash resulting from possible street race on 295 sunday. whos got scoop?

Old 03-22-2010, 09:11 AM
Body In Trunk.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fatal crash resulting from possible street race on 295 sunday. whos got scoop?

http://www.nbc12.com/Global/story.asp?S=12182306

HENRICO, VA (WWBT) - One person is dead following a motor vehicle crash that took place Sunday afternoon on Interstate 295.

At 3:42 p.m., Virginia State Police Trooper M. T. Norman was called to the scene on Interstate 295, approximately 1/10 of a mile south of Route 156, Airport Drive.

A 1998 Honda Accord was traveling southbound at a high rate of speed when the driver lost control of his vehicle, according to police. The vehicle ran off the right side of the roadway and overturned several times before striking a tree and coming to rest on its roof.

The male driver was transported by ambulance to Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center where he later died. He was not wearing his safety belt.

At the time of the crash, witnesses stated the Honda Accord was apparently racing three other vehicles as they were traveling southbound I-295. The crash remains under investigation.

The three other vehicles were described as a white Nissan Maxima, Black, Hyundai Tiburon, and a dark Chevrolet Tahoe. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Virginia State Police at (804)553-3445.

Copyright 2010 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:56 AM
Registered Member

baynedo has disabled reputation
Default Re: Fatal crash resulting from possible street race on 295 sunday. whos got scoop?

I believe this was Phil a friend of mine. He was a hell of a nice guy but his accord was a 93 and it was fast as hell. i think it made 450+ hp.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:02 AM
Registered Member

hanlonr9 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Fatal crash resulting from possible street race on 295 sunday. whos got scoop?

Yeah that was Phil he had that accord also.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:05 AM

MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN

Originally Posted by baynedo
I believe this was Phil a friend of mine. He was a hell of a nice guy but his accord was a 93 and it was fast as hell. i think it made 450+ hp.
If it was your friend, shouldn't you know for sure? and they said 98, not 93, therefor, wtf are you talking about?
Old 03-22-2010, 11:06 AM

MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN

Originally Posted by hanlonr9
Yeah that was Phil he had that accord also.
So said guy has 2 Accords?
Old 03-22-2010, 11:07 AM
Registered Member

He was working on the 93 accord and the s2000 had a blown head gasket so he was driving the 98 accord.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by hanlonr9
He was working on the 93 accord and the s2000 had a blown head gasket so he was driving the 98 accord.
Uh huh. Well sorry to hear about the loss, I don't need to state the obvious, but people need to be smarter about their driving habits!
Old 03-22-2010, 11:12 AM
Registered Member

My prayers go out to his family.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:39 AM
Shut the Fuck Up!

IanR is a jewel in the roughIanR is a jewel in the roughIanR is a jewel in the rough

street racing?

chevrolet tahoe?

does not compute.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:48 AM
Registered Member

baynedo has disabled reputation

He was in his 98 V6 accord (I didnt know he had this). My guess would be he hit a pot hole or he just lost control. Id lean to twards the pothole theory but you never know........ It sucks i mean a V6 accord with boltons. and his other cars are a stroked and boosted s2000 and a boosted h22, he knew how to drive high power cars.

Quick Reply: Fatal crash resulting from possible street race on 295 sunday. whos got scoop?