Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Anyone have experience with Richmond Superbike?

Old 11-12-2010, 10:59 AM
Slow as Shit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow
Default Anyone have experience with Richmond Superbike?

I am going to need my valves adjusted and my carbs synchronized soon. I am changing the coolant, brake fluid, oil, etc myself. I have called Ultimate and Burcham pricing out a 7500 mile service and what scares me is they both told me to ignore the service and owners manual regarding the valve adjustment and carb sync and double the interval at 15k. Plus they want over $600 for the service that is just an oil change, check shit over(they don't even change the coolant nor brake fluid like recommended) and adjust the valves/carbs(because i asked them to do it so they included it in the price). Fvck that!

Richmond Superbike has a more appealing price and I have heard good things about them. I am wondering if anyone here has used them and I would like to hear about your experience both good or bad.

Also if anyone else has another shop they recommend with Kawasaki experience, please feel free.

Thanks.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:06 AM
<========8 ROBBCOCKS

Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx
Default Re: Anyone have experience with Richmond Superbike?

Originally Posted by Woodrow
I am going to need my valves adjusted and my carbs synchronized soon. I am changing the coolant, brake fluid, oil, etc myself. I have called Ultimate and Burcham pricing out a 7500 mile service and what scares me is they both told me to ignore the service and owners manual regarding the valve adjustment and carb sync and double the interval at 15k. Plus they want over $600 for the service that is just an oil change, check shit over(they don't even change the coolant nor brake fluid like recommended) and adjust the valves/carbs(because i asked them to do it so they included it in the price). Fvck that!

Richmond Superbike has a more appealing price and I have heard good things about them. I am wondering if anyone here has used them and I would like to hear about your experience both good or bad.

Also if anyone else has another shop they recommend with Kawasaki experience, please feel free.

Thanks.
It is a hike, but try Commonwealth Power Sports on Temple.. it use to be Burchams I believe.. They have done work for me on mine.. Good People
Old 11-12-2010, 11:49 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

They were one of the ones I called.
Old 11-13-2010, 06:05 AM
Registered member

evan matthews has disabled reputation

Go here!!!
http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cl...36322506690652
Old 11-13-2010, 07:39 AM
Slow as Shit

You have personal experience with them? good reviews? Etc. I need a little more info than a google maps link.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:50 AM
Registered member

evan matthews has disabled reputation

Sorry. I've taken all my bikes to proclass for everything from brakes and ss lines, to jet kits, valve adjustments, & tires. Great work and prices.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:18 AM
Slow as Shit

Good to hear. I may have to call them and get some pricing.
Old 11-13-2010, 04:23 PM
Ich liebe Bier

BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin

Richmond Superbike did all the repair and paint work when I wrecked my bike. Joey is very professional and passionate about motorcycles. I would recommend them to anyone.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:13 PM
Slow as Shit

Sweet. Good to hear. At least there are options.