Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

RX8 shoot

Old 05-10-2009, 07:24 AM
Patron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz
Default Re: RX8 shoot

Originally Posted by Corey
^ How'd it get heavier in the rear? More exhaust work, maybe? I've definitely read in magazines that the LSx engines don't really add much, if any weight to the car.
I don't know. I pulled that off of ls1tech from a guy that was swapped an LS1 into his FD YEARS ago.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:25 AM
Never Blend In

nuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond repute

^ How'd it get heavier in the rear?
too much BS.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:27 AM
Bowtie Bound?? ;)

Nigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by RE-SPECGARAGE
I knew you where talking about me so thats why I commented. My set up only failed because the engine was not getting enough fuel. ANY ENGINE WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME..It did not show up on the PFC map nor on the a/f on the dyno runs. Rotaries naturally want to run really hot and if you dont take care of the heating issues it will fail just like any other engine. Not having enough fuel in my case...caused the apex seals to warp. AGIAN too much heat!!! Engine still runs strong even with low compression. I will be pulling it out in the next few days.

With that being said: This subject has been beat to death many times over and over. Those people who are like me choose to stay with the "rotarted" for its uniqueness. Yeah alot of money is wasted in doing this, but going fast is expensive either way. Alot of people choose the lswhatever to solve their frustrations or to make the car better for them. Im mechanically inclined enough to work on my own stuff, so rebuilding an engine that can make 500hp at 10k is no problem to me. jus saying!!

+rep to you sir. Like I said, I dont hate on rotaries, or the RX model cars, Its just not my preference to deal with something that can be so mechanically complicated at will. But thats just me,and thats just my opinion.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:30 AM
Bowtie Bound?? ;)

Nigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the rough

^ How'd it get heavier in the rear? More exhaust work, maybe? I've definitely read in magazines that the LSx engines don't really add much, if any weight to the car.
My guess would be :

1. Swapping to a bigger fuel tank? (maybe not)
2. Bigger rear end to support the power (maybe)
3. Swapping to a true dual setup to allow for better free flowing exhaust?
Old 05-10-2009, 07:35 AM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Originally Posted by ritz
I don't know. I pulled that off of ls1tech from a guy that was swapped an LS1 into his FD YEARS ago.
I'm trying to find the article that SCC did in their USCC with the LS1 FD. They had a lot about the car in there.
Originally Posted by nuke0907
too much BS.
Nah. That's not it. Plus, the car would stink if you put BS in it. Have you ever seen those turds?
Originally Posted by Nigerian Hair
My guess would be :

1. Swapping to a bigger fuel tank? (maybe not)
2. Bigger rear end to support the power (maybe)
3. Swapping to a true dual setup to allow for better free flowing exhaust?
1. No.
2. They stay with the stocker. It's more than beefy enough.
3. Possibly. That's what I was thinking.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:45 AM
Never Blend In

nuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond repute

maybe a battery relocation. not much room in the bay with that big ass motor. thats another thing, a lot more weight gets pushed in front of the axle.